Try ISP Decimator. Very good pedal, simple to use and is transparent!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Quote by Sleazeball
Try ISP Decimator. Very good pedal, simple to use and is transparent!

this. i pretty much never play without it anymore.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
iv got a TC electronics nova dynamics which has a very good noise gate in it. and you can also run twin noise gates if you need to lol
Thanks man, I just scored a good deal on an ISP Decimator. Did read some reviews on the TC Nova but it didn't sound ideal for what I want, good luck with the sale tho!
Quote by Wesbanez
Thanks man, I just scored a good deal on an ISP Decimator. Did read some reviews on the TC Nova but it didn't sound ideal for what I want, good luck with the sale tho!

Whadd'ya think of the 6262 2x12? almost bought one.
Quote by dandadog
Whadd'ya think of the 6262 2x12? almost bought one.

I love it, great sound when cranked and pretty good at bedroom levels too. Weighs a ton, so I put some casters on mine. Cabinet feels very solidly made too.

Gain is very nice on the amp, with my EMG equipped axe I have the pre-gain on about 2 1/2 - 3 to get a very nice round prog tone ala Petrucci.

Put it up to around 4/5, hit my OD pedal and it kills for death, metalcore, grind etc.

As for the ISP, I got it in the mail the other day, played with it for 30 mins and decided it wasn't for me.

Very small scope of adjustment that actually did anything, and when it got to the point of reducing noise noticeable, it sucked so much out of my tone in front of the amp, and so much volume when in the effects loop it was just a big shiny lump of shitty metal. Totally dissapointed.

Any better ideas?
You need a Boss NS-2. The Decimator simply didn't cut it for me too despite costing 2x. The NS-2 will easily tame that amp of yours but make sure you couple it with the NS-2's send/return loop.
Gear: Ibanez, MusicMan, Mesa Boogie, Fractal Audio, RJM Music
Yeah I was thinking of an NS-2, I know you can run the nice X config with the cables (can't think of a better way to put it).

I know the quality of the NS-2 may not be up there with the ISP, but ill send it to my fave pedal modder anyway and get all the noisy cheap components replaced with high grade stuff, like my GE-8 hi fi mod
Quote by Wesbanez
Yeah I was thinking of an NS-2, I know you can run the nice X config with the cables (can't think of a better way to put it).

I know the quality of the NS-2 may not be up there with the ISP, but ill send it to my fave pedal modder anyway and get all the noisy cheap components replaced with high grade stuff, like my GE-8 hi fi mod

Not required, just learn how to get the best out of the NS-2. I've used it to tame a full stack in the past and now I run all noisy pedals in it's loop because I'm down to a combo.
Gear: Ibanez, MusicMan, Mesa Boogie, Fractal Audio, RJM Music
Quote by Wesbanez
Give you £40 for it? Any higher and id rather put the money towards a new amp ive been gassing for...

yea man that is kool pm me n we will get the ball rolling