Hey everyone! I'm new to these forums. So before to long i hope to be buying a new amp. I'm looking at the ever so famous ac30. but recently, the hot rod deville by fender has caught my eye. So i was wondering what all of you thought or preffered. I'll also soon be buying a new strat... maybe a road worn 50's.... so road worn 50's strat through a vox ac30? or the hot rod deville?

Thanks a ton!
Easy- get the Vox. I had a Fender Hot Rod , not deville, so mebbe it was deluxe... First the reverb croaked, then the gain Switch so lost my dist channel, then some sort of bass freeuency went permaflubby. When I researched doing repairs, one repair guy sez, the circuits are notoriously sucky, the fender hot rod deluxe is the model he gets the most, and turns away almost half of them, the rest he's got 60% fix record. I did love how it sounded so I really email many pros to troubleshoot, but since there's high fees just to diagnose estimates and repairmen are few and far between, it's a doorstop now. I got it in 01, the last prob arrived in feb 10. I gigged monthly for 6 years w it. But, though it's not a Deville, get the Vox or maybe the BluesJr if the circuits are less RISKY, I Repeat , RISKY,RISKY, RISKY ,
I'd go for the AC30 everytime, there are of course other higher end Fenders which may also interest you however (,as well as numerous other amps).

What sort of music do you play? And what will you be using the amp for, ie gigging, home practice, etc?
If you're going to dish out the money for one of the new AC30s ($999 i think) you'd be better served if you compare it with the Fender Deluxe Reverb ($999) as the fender equivalent, and in my opinion, a better amp. But that's just me, and I love 6V6 amps.
My post mainly disses the Hot Rod, the regular deluxe may be fine. Just beware of the ones with the chincy channel and boost switches, again because the circuit board is close to certain doom per some amp repairmen, who could point you in direction of simpler wired Fenders. I'm no expert, but find one who can explain how some oldschool/ neocircuit hybrids try to do too much for the Chinese production line within one product. It really burnt me cuz I can't trade it cuz i kept tolerating minor kaputs nor get it fixed. And you deserve better than "failure prone"
Quote by ghiyath
If you're going to dish out the money for one of the new AC30s ($999 i think) you'd be better served if you compare it with the Fender Deluxe Reverb ($999) as the fender equivalent, and in my opinion, a better amp. But that's just me, and I love 6V6 amps.

+1. The Fender is going to be a bit cleaner than the AC30. The AC30 has slightly richer distortion imo. I don't have a huge issue with the HRD, though if you turn the gain up high it can get fizzy sounding. Personally, I think the older ones that were made in the US were better sounding and made amps.
Thanks for the feedback!
I mainly play in a worship team at my church. So im mainly looking for mainly clean tones. I have a fulltone fulldrive 2 and a voodoo lab sparkle drive that overdrives very nicely! Aside from that blues is definitely where my heart lies.
Is the deluxe reverb a better amp than the ac30?
between the two, i'd go with the AC30. the Fender is a nice clean amp, but i always thought the AC30 had warmer cleans. it's breaks up better too, I find, if you ever feel like cranking it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by mayermusic1
Thanks for the feedback!
I mainly play in a worship team at my church. So im mainly looking for mainly clean tones. I have a fulltone fulldrive 2 and a voodoo lab sparkle drive that overdrives very nicely! Aside from that blues is definitely where my heart lies.
Is the deluxe reverb a better amp than the ac30?

go try them out. Your standard guitar center should have both.
Quote by ghiyath
go try them out. Your standard guitar center should have both.

Try a Twin Reverb while you're at it. New it's over your budget ($1300-1400), but you can get them used for around $1000.