My mom wants to take me to the Las Vegas Guitar Center for my birthday! And I don't know what to get but I'm pumped! So I'd like to hear some suggestions from UG. Anything at all... I'll list what I got...

Schecter Tempest Custom W/ upgrd pups
Schecter C-1 Classic
91 made in mexico strat
a cg-40 classical guitar
and a line 6 flextone 2 60 watt amp

I may want a acoustic guitar, but I was gonna trade one of my electrics for one for a while. just to try one.

I kinda want some recording stuff perhaps.

Anyone know anything good? Maybe I should just get something on craigslist and get more for my money

btw I play like 80's rock and stuff like that. Scorpions, Bon jovi, lynyrd skynyrd, deff leppard
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Aug 25, 2010,
I would spend some time in their acoustic room, maybe with a breedlove in my hands
Check out a tube combo maybe?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
If that's the music you like, I can't imagine better pickups than the Dunc Distortion. Screaming, compressed singing leads, crispy attack, warm with undistorted clean sound- gosh, don't change THAT pickup. If u try a JB or Custom , the woodier mids will trade away the power in your power chords. Just my opinion.., if you are positive you got the Sh6 Distortion. Does it have the logo or does it say dunc designed? Stock or you put it in? Very curious to know...
Quote by Khriss Bliss
If that's the music you like, I can't imagine better pickups than the Dunc Distortion. Screaming, compressed singing leads, crispy attack, warm with undistorted clean sound- gosh, don't change THAT pickup. If u try a JB or Custom , the woodier mids will trade away the power in your power chords. Just my opinion.., if you are positive you got the Sh6 Distortion. Does it have the logo or does it say dunc designed? Stock or you put it in? Very curious to know...

They're upgraded. I still have the originals which are duncan designed. The upgraded one's are Seymour Duncan (not Duncan designed) distortion humbuckers
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Quote by Metallica1554
Pick up a solid tube head and cab.

I was checking out this marshall on craigslist. Looks awesome. Having a marshall like that is my dream too haha the cabinet is apparently brand new
http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/msg/1907948406.html

Last edited by colt34 at Aug 24, 2010,
Get a JCM800 combo, maybe a JCM900. That's what all the '80s guys used (of course, they hot rodded the living shit out of them). That and Mesa Mark series amps. usually the MkIII.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Do NOT get that marshall shalf stack, its MG and well....the MG series sucks. You can do so much better for 325.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Again, just dropping in to say I was in that exact store a couple months ago. Their selection didn't seem that great in terms of what I like playing, just a lot of Gibson, Fender, Schecter and PRS. There were like 4 ESPs there, the best one being an EC-401.

And yeah, DO NOT get that MG. They are seriously some of the worst amps I've ever played.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 24, 2010,
If your checking out guitars, try a Gibson Flying V or Explorer. Acoustic wise, I love the sound of Gibson acoustics personally, but my advice is dont get an all mahogany acoustic. My dads guilt is all mahogany, and it sounds a little muddy, IMO.
jesus christ, no wonder the MG manages to sell, lures so many kids in.

schecter c-1 is nice.
Quote by Arterial
jesus christ, no wonder the MG manages to sell, lures so many kids in.

schecter c-1 is nice.

Thank you it's trans blue got it for 300 , and I wasn't gonna buy the MG without running it past the guys here at UG. I'm not a stupid little kid haha. Didn't even look anything up about it yet

Last edited by colt34 at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by Pat_s1t
Again, just dropping in to say I was in that exact store a couple months ago. Their selection didn't seem that great in terms of what I like playing, just a lot of Gibson, Fender, Schecter and PRS. There were like 4 ESPs there, the best one being an EC-401.

And yeah, DO NOT get that MG. They are seriously some of the worst amps I've ever played.

so the selection is mediocre? I've never been there I just figured it'd be a LAS VEGAS style store with huge selection. If it's just another guitar store I'd rather just go with Craigslist and save myself 4 hours of driving

p.s. Marshall MG series sucks. Sorry to be unoriginal and cynical, but for obvious reasons, it needs to be said... OFTEN. Going onstage with those is like wearing a wig, a pleather jacket, and a dildo.
GET THE TEMPEST

I said it in caps so that means im serious.
Always Rock!
What's the difference between the Las Vegas GC and any other GC? Do they have feather-clad strippers or something
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
What's the difference between the Las Vegas GC and any other GC? Do they have feather-clad strippers or something

more than likely bigger and more extravagant.

also, more celebrities would probably go there.

"Oh yeah! did you hear? Slash will be at Guitar center!"

"oh really dude? which one?"

"the one in bum-**** no where! cause thats the way to get publicity!"
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
more than likely bigger and more extravagant.

also, more celebrities would probably go there.

"Oh yeah! did you hear? Slash will be at Guitar center!"

"oh really dude? which one?"

"the one in bum-**** no where! cause thats the way to get publicity!"

No wonder famous people never come to Guitar Center in Charlotte

We just massive numbers of hipsters and little poser metal kids.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
No wonder famous people never come to Guitar Center in Charlotte

exactly my thoughts bro, i dont thing there has ever been one in Marrietta GA (my closest one). i assume there is one in atlanta? that one probably has a better chance, even though i think Marrietta is like 20 minutes from atlanta

don't quote me on that one..
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Hey, it's your birthday. I'd just go up in that bitch and accidentally the whole guitar center.

But seriously, get a new amp. And there's no reason why you can't get more than one thing. Raid their used section (it's probably massive). An amp should definitely be priority though. Because you know what's better than one kick ass amp? Two kick ass amps.

Whoever recommended the JCM800/900 combo is right on. I'd start there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
how much is ur mom willing to spend?

check out a Marshall jcm 800 or Vintage modern.
Maybe also check out some les pauls.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Offworld92
Hey, it's your birthday. I'd just go up in that bitch and accidentally the whole guitar center.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WHAT?!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.