hey y'all I am the proud new owner of a fender hot rod deville 4x10.

ill post pics as soon as I get them. in the mean time I have a nice little review of this amp.
I've had it for about a week now and put a few days worth of play on it.
I bought it from GC in brand new condition for $580. it seems very well built although I am skeptical because everyone and their mother avoids this series? yea it is very heavy lol
I mostly use just the cleans and my oh my they are beautiful. if I need distortion I use a boss ds1.
I mostly play coldplay, airborne toxic event and other experimental acts and this amp does it well.
what's with all the negativity on this series?
any suggestions to prevent future problems?
I also put a small fan on behind the amp when I use it.

pics and clips soon ;]
I like mine (2x12 version). It has stellar tone for a low-mid budget tube amp. The cleans are amazing, but I prefer getting my crunch form a pedal.

The only tips I have are:
1) Use a small dolly or cart to roll it around.... it's pretty heavy. Or install wheels on the bottom.
2) Use the included cover.... 99% of the time you won't really need it, but when there's a freak downpour while you load into your next gig you will be thankful you have it.
3) Always carry a pair of spare power tubes, at least one spare 12ax7, and a spare fuse.

I had to retube the power tubes 30 min before our last show when my amp was having problems during sound check. Boy was I glad I had a spare set!
Quote by tonyd927
hey y'all I am the proud new owner of a fender hot rod deville 4x10.

ill post pics as soon as I get them. in the mean time I have a nice little review of this amp.
I've had it for about a week now and put a few days worth of play on it.
I bought it from GC in brand new condition for $580. it seems very well built although I am skeptical because everyone and their mother avoids this series? yea it is very heavy lol
I mostly use just the cleans and my oh my they are beautiful. if I need distortion I use a boss ds1.
I mostly play coldplay, airborne toxic event and other experimental acts and this amp does it well.
what's with all the negativity on this series?
any suggestions to prevent future problems?
I also put a small fan on behind the amp when I use it.

pics and clips soon ;]

I love my 2x12. It takes awhile to fully learn everything on the amp and tweak it to your liking, but its great. The cleans rule, the reverb is top notch, and the overdrive is pretty good once you play with it.
The main complaint you hear is "the overdrive/distortion sucks". People expect a bit to much I think. Its not a cranked Marshall.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Aug 25, 2010,
HNAD. I love my 2x12. I always keep it on the clean channel and use overdrive pedals to get my overdriven rhythm and lead sounds.