I found one of these for sale with this particular mod, and I am assuming it boosts the gain. Does this sound like a fairly high quality mod, or will it screw with the tone?
Email Egnater yourself. he's super easy to get in contact with if you have any questions about his work or his amps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I called the store, they said Bruce Egnater lived locally and had been to the store and confirmed he had done the mod himself. The high sensitivity input had been modded to affect the saturation of the gain. Turning up the density knob that was placed on the back increases the saturation, making modern higher gain sounds attainable. Placing the knob at 0 does not affect the amp in any way, making it sound stock. The amp was made in 1980.

I bought it btw
Quote by acdclandon
Damn nice. I love 800's.

Thanks bro, now someone help pick me out some speakers for this beast!
Quote by forsaknazrael
Warehouse Guitar ET65s and Veteran 30s should be monstrous with it.

Really, i heard 800's paired with v30s was a bad idea?
I certainly think it is.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
green berets. or a mix of those and lead 80s get's my vote.

congrats and how much was it?
Quote by gregs1020
green berets. or a mix of those and lead 80s get's my vote.

congrats and how much was it?

It was $1000. I may not have gotten the greatest deal, but i am not patient enough to wait. Plus i figured the mod was a couple hundred itself so added on to the price of one used it wasn't that bad of a price.

I was thinking about getting a 2x12 cab. I had a 4x12 cab before, but the cool factor quickly wore off when i realized what a pain transporting it was. Plus its just really unnecessary when you see professionals using the smaller cabs
Quote by forsaknazrael
Remember, the green beret is only rated for 25 watts.

I hear the celestion g12-65 are quite a bit like the greenbacks. I may go for the warehouse alternative to those
If you do, POST CLIPS. Good high-gain recordings of those are impossible to find except for the WGS site and I'm trying to get a better idea of what they sound like in a real life situation.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's the ET65 recommended. I'm getting a pair of them for my JCM800 cloneish thing.

ha, cloneish thing...makes me chuckle

we need clips of this Egnater-modded 800 when it comes!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
john is just smart and let peavey do 90% of the work for him.

I think that for $1000, that's not a horrible deal for what you got TS. Please post some clips of this thing once it's home and ready.