I started up Pro Tools LE on my desktop in order to do some recording. I created a couple audio tracks and was going to start, but when I went to record, a horrible noise came through the speakers. At first I thought that it was the mic at fault since its just a cheap MXL that came with my interface. I unplugged the mic and the XLR cable completely from the interface and I'm still getting a really bad noise when I turn the phantom power on.

What's going on? I've only had this thing since Christmas, is it already screwing up on me?
Last edited by whatadrag at Aug 24, 2010,
make sure phantom power is off first, and the volume/mix knob are off. Then plug mic in, then turn on phantom power, and turn up volume. I dont know if that's the problem but just make sure. Ask someone from GC or something. If you can put Pro Tools on a laptop and take it in they can help you in person at GC, but since you have a desktop, that won't work.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by whatadrag
That didn't help. It's still doing the same thing.

hmmm...I've never had this issue and I have had mine for like 5 months.......does using the Pad button minimize it at all? I don't really know the issue but little things could give the answer. If the pad minimizes it then I suspect something is messed up with the actual hardware (not 100% sure). If it doesn't help a bit, it may be a PC problem....But I suggest talking to a GC employee they'll probably know in a matter of minutes.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99