I have a Digitech RP pedal that I want to use in my effects chain. I have an EQ pedal, overdrive pedal, wah pedal, and noise gate, so where would I put the multi-f/x pedal?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Does your amp have an effects loop?

Do you use your amp for distortion?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by GoIrish668
I have a Digitech RP pedal that I want to use in my effects chain. I have an EQ pedal, overdrive pedal, wah pedal, and noise gate, so where would I put the multi-f/x pedal?

That depends on what your going to use the RP unit for. Which RP unit is it exactly? Amp models? Practice drum machine? Metronome? Looper? Compressor? Delay? what is your main use for the thing?

My experience is that the RP units don't work well in the effects loop of an amp at least with my RP250 no matter how much I tweaked it's settings it sounded like crap in the loop.
As a matter of fact the manual does not even say anything about using it in an effects loop. They do say it can be used to drive the power amp section of a guitar amp though. The best thing I did for it was shut off all the effects and just use it as a volume pedal or wah (since I don't have a dedicated wah pedal).
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Aug 24, 2010,
The correct answer is between the eq and of, but I like to experiment. Sometimes I want to distort my delay, sometimes I want to chorus my dist, other times distort my chorus. .. Not a hard fast rule. I recommend splitting if u have two channels - hit a clean chord with a dirty delay, or hit a dirty chord but the delay is clean , or phased, or midboosted, etc.
What do you mean between the EQ and the OF? What is the OF?

I do have an effects loop, and I do use my amp for distortion.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!