okay so iv been playing for 7-8 months now and i think i am ready for a new guitar. i hav been thinking about getting a jackson dxmg. many people from youtube say the floyd rose is crap but there are no complaints on any of thr reviews(besides replaceing strings)
any one have any thoughts/reviews on the jackson floyd rose
IMO, They're solid. Hold tuning pretty good. They're not like Original Floyd's, but they're still great trems.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
They're pretty decent trems, if kind of stiff. Don't expect to flutter or anything with them.

With that being said, if you don't know what you're doing with an FR you'll probably be about ready to kill it as soon as you go to change tuning or change strings, whichever comes first.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 24, 2010,
The newer ones they rolled out around 2006 are pretty good. they're black in color. The older ones (always found chrome plated or satin with Duncan Designed pickups on Pros and EMG HZs on the MGs) aren't quite as good. These are still found on the X series today. I'd rather have a used DKMG rather than the DXMG. Better trem, better pickups, better value.
yeah the older Jackson LFR's JT580's or whatever the hell they are called are solid Licenced Floyd's you can't get much of a flutter or anything like that out of them but they are stable hold tune well and have decent sustain. I recently swapped mine out for a Gotoh and it's the shiznit now. so if you want something with a decent trem go for it.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
I have one on my Jackson DX10D Dinky and is is great. Never goes out of tune, and just recently replaced the stock block with a brass block. Sounds great now.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
heres my take on a JT580. You can go find my thread on my KE3 Kelly. Its been 4 months since i had the tremolo. Everything stays in tune very good. Its no made in germany floyd rose but it gets the job done. No problems has happen since i got the guitar. Nothing to worry about so go for it
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
JT580 is okay, when I played on a jackson with one it seemed alright, its worth noting that they directly swap out for a gotoh replacement
My friend owns a jackson and from my experience it was fine most of the time. A little stiff compared to the original FR on my guitar but it's fine.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
the trem on the DK2M is pretty good

i once went a whole month without tuning it (partial laziness aswell...)

it is a little stiff b ut otherwise its a pretty decent trem