Page 1 of 3
Post your thoughts on overlooked talent and or artist.

I'll start it off
To me, Mitch Mitchells drumming is great, but is neglected because all the attention is on Jimi.

Play nicely
Justin bieber. He's a pretty good singer.

*runs away*
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Mario Duplantier is one of the best drummers. Too bad only band member's in popular bands can be considered one of the best. Also puberty will end Justin Beiber's career.
Quote by garfgarfgarf
Van Morrsion or John Martyn. Two of the most underrated singer-songwriters in music.

the first time i heard Van sing was Gloria. I didn't like the way he sang it, but he is good at writing lyrics. I've never heard of the other guy though, what band is he from?

edit: i just remembered the version of gloria i heard was someone else, so many people have covered that song, buts its a great fvcking song
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Sixty9
Mario Duplantier is one of the best drummers. Too bad only band member's in popular bands can be considered one of the best. Also puberty will end Justin Beiber's career.

+1 to everything here.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
I think a lot of people overlook how ****ing amazing Mike Einziger is.

Also Daniel Rossen, from Grizzly Bear.

And Will Berman from MGMT, dude is a great drummer, not incredibly amazing, but definitely deserves more credit.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 24, 2010,
I think all of the other members of Megadeth are overlooked because of Mustaine.

Mustaine "hogs all of the attention." He sings, and his solos are significantly longer than Broderick's.
Quote by TMF128
I think all of the other members of Megadeth are overlooked because of Mustaine.

Mustaine "hogs all of the attention." He sings, and his solos are significantly longer than Broderick's.

Yet not nearly as great as them
Mike Ness ( vocals and guitar) - Social Distortion

Ed Kowalczyk (vocals, guitar)- Live

Joseph Mascis (vocals, guitar) Dinosaur Jr

everyone in The Tragically Hip...

thats just my 2 cents..
I think Nicko McBrain is vastly underrated as drummer.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

John Rzeznick (well the Goo Goo Dolls in general) kind of underrated, everyone knows the Goo because of Iris and think they only write acoustic ballads (not saying their ballads are bad) but not realize they used to be rock, and even earlier as a punk band. Johnny has some pretty good guitar work in their earlier album
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by JacobTheMe
Hendrix's guitaring is great, but it is neglected because he is black.

Um. Isn't the whole guitar community consider Hendrix god? Just ask anyone "who's the best guitarist?" and they'll say "Hendrix man!".
Quote by Sixty9
Um. Isn't the whole guitar community consider Hendrix god? Just ask anyone "who's the best guitarist?" and they'll say "Hendrix man!".

although hendrix is good, i wouldnt say hes the best..... not really sure who i would say it better really..... egh, well.. Eddie Van Halen.. although he is an arsehole..
Quote by red157
In all seriousness, every single person who's regularly worked with Josh Homme and whose name isn't 'Dave Grohl'.

I'm talking Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Mark Lanegan... The whole bloody bunch.
QFT

Also, Brant Bjork should have gotten way more recognition then he did when he was in Kyuss. Of course, Josh's guitar was a large part of their sound, but without Brant's drumming it wouldn't have worked. Alfredo did an excellent job taking over for him after Sky Valley, but Brant was irreplaceble. He was one hell of a drummer.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Heaps of Australian bands. There are so many good bands around at the moment.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr.
Every member of Jawbreaker.
Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
d00d, i was listening to are you experienced? while doped on nitrous during my wisdom teeth extractions, and was thinking it was the most ridiculously complicated and technical drumming ever recorded in rock
Quote by slipknot5678
Alex Lifeson

Shut up Fass-

Oh.

Nevermind.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by CannonballTA
although hendrix is good, i wouldnt say hes the best..... not really sure who i would say it better really..... egh, well.. Eddie Van Halen.. although he is an arsehole..

Troll?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
This isn't a band, but the Shogun album by Trivium is often overlooked/ignored by those who didn't like their earlier music.
cat
dylan carlson of Earth.
goes to show that you can be a great guitar player (more musical?) without being a flashy or excessive guitar player. fast obnoxiously bendy guitar solos dont make a good guitar player imo.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Alot of metalcore bands like As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red are quite talented.
Emil Werstler is seldom talked about when people talk about awesome players.
Mick and Jim from Slipknot are really good players and so are Corey and Matt from Trivium.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Last edited by blankoff at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by Sixty9

i think he was joking

Alex Lifeson
Krist Novecelik (sp?)
agreed with whoever said Shogun, that was definitely Trivium's best album

and this might be a but controversial, but I think this community forgets Synyster Gates (besides A7X fanboys). Everyone went on and on about how sloppy he was and he couldn't pull out his harder stuff live after City of Evil came out. But every live clip i've seen post-s/t album, his playing has gotten so much better live, but i don't think many people on here realize it
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by slipknot5678
Alex Lifeson

Fassa overrates this guy. He's by no means a good guitarist, but he compliments Rush quite well.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by crazy8rgood

And Will Berman from MGMT, dude is a great drummer, not incredibly amazing, but definitely deserves more credit.

This. I'd also say pretty much everyone in MGMT, especially Ben. He's just as important as Andrew to the band, but because Andrew is more of a frontman/the ladies are all in love with him, Ben gets severely overlooked.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by qotsavulture
Isaac Brock. He is a musical genius.

This I agree with.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by CannonballTA

malcom young
Ler Lalonde and Bernie Worrel.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Some local bands I know. And Sikth, The Raconteurs, and 3.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Phil Keaggy. For some reason, nobody I've met has ever heard of him.
Bert Jansch sort of falls in the same category.
Page 1 of 3