Hey

So my first question is about my pedal board. No idea how to set it up..
I currently have Boss DD3/CH1, isp decimator and a MXR 10 band.
Im gong to be getting a Ibanez tube screamer pretty soon and a korg pitchblack.

So far im thinkin EQ in the loop, ISP in front. No idea where do put the rest.
If you could help with that, then it would be great

And my amp question is.

Im looking for a new head to go with my new cab ( NCD coming soon). V30's in the cab.

Im after a Lamb of God/Machine Head/Exit Ten style sound.

Amps ive been thinkin of are:

Peavey 5150 MK2
Peavey 6505+
Bugera Trirec ( when its out)
Bugera Magician (when its out)
Randall RT503
A few Engl's and Mesa's.

Budget is about £800

Help me guys
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Well, the eq goes first, next u have the noise gate the the delay, I wd think, (unless u want yr delay to drop out suddenly). The delay cd be return
/send . The pitchblack tuner u have logs of options , cuz I think u cd try boss dd if it has a second output, or anything with a second output, or else return send. Last resort put it in the change if u trust it has good bypass quality. Hope that helps
ISP goes wherever you get noise, whether it's from guitar (in front) or from the amp (effects loop)

Tubescreamer goes in front. Chorus goes either in front of in loop.

Good luck getting an ENGL or a Mesa on an 800 pound budget... maybe the Jet City Amps JCA100?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ps. I hate this word correction shit, tell me if u can't translate.. I'll iterate, the tuner I we try out of any output like if the delay has stereo out, ck results, last resort put first inchain, but pref return send. Or effects loop or whateva. ****in itouch givin me fits... GLADYS!!!
I want the separate EQ channels , tis why im going for the MK2 and the + over the normal 5150/6505.
Ive seen mesa's go for under a grand and sometimes under £800
Dont like the JCA's cuz of the single channel eq stuff.

And Khriss Bliss, You have confused the hell out of me

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
General rule of thumb is that the tuner comes first, followed by anything gain related (EQ, Wah, OD/Dist), then modulation effects, then noise gate, and then reverb and delay. But that's the rough outline. I'm sure someone has a mathematical formula based on impedences or somesuch, but that fact is that it comes down to a lot of personal tastes, like whether you use the tube screamer as an overdrive or a boost.

Oh, and I'd probably put everything but the tuner in the loop. The loop puts effects after preamp and before power amp, which means that any effect they add is less likely to get muddied up by a high gain setting. If you liked them better muddy (and that's totally cool), then try them back in front of the amp. The only thing that you really ought to do is make sure your noise gate goes after your gain effects, and before your delay. If you plug the ISP in too early there's nothing for it to clean up, and if you use it too late it might truncate your delay.

Just pretend it's Christmas. Make a pot of coffee and screw around on the floor with your toys until you're satisfied.
It feels like christmas the amount of new gear i have got and got left to arrive

But yeah thats what im thinking of doing when i can play guitar. Its 3 in the morning atm >.<

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Oh, and to chime in on the amps ... unless you're playing out, most of what you mentioned is going to be WAY too loud. Shoot, it'll probably still be too loud, considering the fact that you're going to have multiple V30s in there.

I used to have a Mesa 50 cal+, which is basically a 50 watt 1x12 Rectifier combo with a capacitor instead of a tube for the rectifier. Even playing with a drummer, at a bar, the volume knob almost never topped 3. During rehearsal it was closer to 2. At that volume, you might have a hard time getting decent headroom out of your amp. I'd recommend the TransAtlantic if you like the Mesa sound. Using 2 or 4 speakers, the volume difference isn't going to be noticible from less that 30 feet or so, and the lower wattage will let you use the amp's volume knob the way it's actualy meant to be used, so you should have some decent headroom.

I was always fighting with my Mesa to get a good, 'wide open' high-gain sound without getting me evicted from my apartment. Even after owning the thing for 4 years, I still couldn't do it.
See thats what im thinkin too =/
The only amps that really get my attention are the ones that are going to be too loud for me to use at home.

The TransAtlantic isnt one for me i dont think. I really want my independent EQ's for my channels, an effects loop and it to get me a similar tone to what i want, but im asking too much i think.

Some thing is gonna have to change =[

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Have you gone into a shop and tried your effects in and out of a loop? I may not be the best ears to trust because I use very few effects, but I have difficulty discerning much of a difference with most pedals. There's a big difference if you run a lot of effects, but to me it just sounds like you can pile on more before it becomes muddy.

Don't get me wrong - I'd always use the effect loop if I had it. But to my ears, it's not enough to make me like or dislike an amp more than I already do.

The TransAtlantic doesn't have independant EQ, but you can voice the two channels differently, which is a big enough difference for some people. I'd try it out, if you can. I like it a lot, but I've always been one to buy an amp that has a default voicing I like, and treat the EQ knobs as icing on the cake. I just hate messing around with settings is what it is.
Guitar -> Tuner -> Tubescreamer -> CH-1 -> ISP -> Amp

Effects Loop Send -> EQ -> DD-3 -> Effects Loop Return

That's how I'd run it, but feel free to experiment. Like mentioned, placement of the ISP will depend where you're getting unwanted noise.