So my recto 4x12 (used, quite a bit) arrived today. Lugged my gear downstairs to try it out, and i have to say, i'm pretty meh on it. Yea it sounds bigger than my splawn 2x12, but it doesn't really sound any better. TBH i almost think the splawn sounds a bit clearer and up front.

Anyhow, besides the review, the right front caster got really jacked up in the shipping process. The dude insured it so i should be able to get it covered by fedex, but it's really bent and I can't even get it out of the housing. Any ideas?
Guitars
Amps
You should try EQing your amp a bit differently for Mesa's oversized 4x12, It's eq response will be different than your Splawn 2x12.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
What did you expect, angels to come down from heaven and sound trumpets when you struck that first chord?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I mean i'm going to experiment with the eq and the mesa cab, i was more looking for advice on how to fix the caster.
Guitars
Amps
It's voiced for a Rectifier. Try messing with your settings a bit. As for the caster, if it has the regular Mesa casters, just take the bolts off the housing and have Fedex buy both parts (wheel + slide-in housing).
Quote by drewfromutah
It's voiced for a Rectifier. Try messing with your settings a bit. As for the caster, if it has the regular Mesa casters, just take the bolts off the housing and have Fedex buy both parts (wheel + slide-in housing).

So far i cant even move the caster enough to get to the bolts. It's like bent upward on the right side. Damn thing is stuck in the middle.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
So far i cant even move the caster enough to get to the bolts. It's like bent upward on the right side. Damn thing is stuck in the middle.

Man, those things are built like tanks. FedEx must have tossed it off a cliff or something. See if you can get a big hammer and get the caster back into place?
Quote by drewfromutah
Man, those things are built like tanks. FedEx must have tossed it off a cliff or something. See if you can get a big hammer and get the caster back into place?

yea the casters and housing really seem like they are built well, but then when it gets bent to hell its impossible to fix.

I'll try beating the hell out of it with a hammer tomorrow.
Guitars
Amps
Not surprised you like the Splawn better. It's a superior built cab and their speakers sound great

I like my Mesa 4x12, but I'm liking it less and less the more I play through my Emperor. It just can't compete IMO
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^agreed. TBH I'd take a 2x12 splawn over a 4x12 Mesa any day of the year.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.