Because I had to sell my whole rig to pay bills but I have a good bit or money left over! SO I decided to rebuild my rig but my bud gave me his old strat and kustom double barrel to hold me over till I get it.So im not in a hurry.

Here is the hard part!
Chooseing my new guitar!
I want a X shape guitar so IM looking at the Ibanez XPT700 and the jackson warrior WRMG what are some of the pros and cons of these guitars?
IM really diggin that the jackson has a LFR and Not a edge like the Ibby but on the other hand I like the pups on the Ibby better being D'Activators rather than emgs.

Chooseing a new amp
I really have no idea where to go from here at this point I sold my Mesa Half stack. Had to like stated above Bills. They suck balls. I play mostly old school thrash and death metal for example In flames,death,Megadeth,dying fetus, and Mors Porciuem Est, Annhilator stuff like that. So were should I be looking for a new amp? I really like peavey and randell but what models? Amp budget is around 500-700 bucks.

ANy help is awesome! thanks guys!
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Last edited by Sicon at Aug 25, 2010,
The Ibby has DiMarzio D'Activators which are great and Edge III which is I would stay thousand miles far from. The guitar you are referring to has Duncuns you say? In that case that has been customized.

The Jackson has LFR which is at least better than Edge III. And EMG's will suit your music style too.

Lastly both the guitar might have some neck-heavy issues. Play and choose one.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
my bad I ment to say D activators Ill be buying all this gear new
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Do you have to buy new? If you go used, you can get stuff that costs twice as much as what you'll be getting if you go new, provided you have the patience to wait for deals.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I dont have to go new the only problem is that my local craigslist sucks pretty hard.
Im pretty set on the X shaped guitar and Im really leaning to the Jackson WRMG. Or if Anyone could recommend me a nice 24 fret V style with out it being a RR 24 ID be more than happy to take a look at it really though the amp part is what im really worried about.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
You can't use ebay?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I could but I really dont trust ebay all that much. Ill give it a look though and recommendations on a amp?
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Maybe a Peavey 5150/6505 combo? I'm not really sure what would sound good for old school, as I primarily play new school thrash/death when I do play those genres.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I was thinking about getting one of the new 6505 2x12 combos used if I could find one. IM pretty much leaning on the Jackson WRMG with a pup swap. The edge 3 on the Ibby just ruins it for me ya know? ITs all good I love Jacksons anyway lol. But I just feel spoiled after haveing my mesa for so long. Hopefully what ever amp I choose will hold up to it. I just dont feel like saving up forever to get another mesa.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Sicon
I was thinking about getting one of the new 6505 2x12 combos used if I could find one. IM pretty much leaning on the Jackson WRMG with a pup swap. The edge 3 on the Ibby just ruins it for me ya know? ITs all good I love Jacksons anyway lol. But I just feel spoiled after haveing my mesa for so long. Hopefully what ever amp I choose will hold up to it. I just dont feel like saving up forever to get another mesa.

I've heard great things about those 6505 combos so that's a good choice propably. 5150 combo propably works well, too. They're both ****ing heavy, though (40kg). There's also a 1x12 version but whichever you pick depends basically on whether you use it in a band or not.

If you definately want the X shape then the wrmg warrior is propably the best choice. As a bolt on (neck-thru as well, though more $$$) it's the least neck heviest of the three I know (xiphos, warrior & stealth). The LFR can't be that bad as it's still a rather expensive guitar.
Whats wrong with RR24? Its a really great guitar...way nicer than the Xiphos or Warrior

Neck PU's are overratetd for metal anyways.

But out of the Xiphos and warrior I would prob get the Xiphos. Its just a better guitar, reguardless of the trem. The LFR on the jackson really isn't that great. No better or worse than the Edge III IMO. But I do like the Jackson compound radius fretboards..those things are really hard to beat once you have played one.

As for the amp. You may not like Bugera but they are prob the best budget amps for metal right now. The 333xl is one hell of a beast.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I already owned a RR24 just dont want to own another one because of the painted neck it felt really sticky. I actully forgot about bugera really although i do love the sound of those things. FOund a pretty good deal on the WRMG on ebay might look more into that the bid has 3 more days on it.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Yes but with the painted necks you can easily take some fine grit sand paper and smooth it out so it doesn't get sticky. Doesn't take the paint off, it just smooths out the clear finish.

Anywho....just wondering why.

The Jackson stealths are also pretty sweet (Chuck Shculdiner played one in Death)

But the better a deal you can get on the guitar the more you can spend on the amp. I feal amp is more important anyways, so......the more you have to get a good amp the better.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I would recommend the Xiphos, because the Edge III isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be, but seeing as how you don't like the painted necks, the decisions already made. The Xiphos is one of the very few Ibanez's with a painted neck.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yea Im just afraid of the Edge 3 or I get it because of the pups alone. I could get another RR24 just on that thought alone of being able to sand paper the neck. have to look for some deals. im kinda aiming for 700-800 doller range on amp.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Last edited by Sicon at Aug 25, 2010,
I found a awesome deal on a Jackson RR24
http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-RR24-RANDY-RHOADS-JAPAN-MINT-BLACK-W-RED-STRIPE-/320570630767?pt=Guitar

That would leave me with a little over 800 for a amp. I found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/peavey-6505-212-combo-SKB-case-/260642925628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 What do yall think?
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I have no comment on the Jackson as I'm not a fan, but that amp is pickup only, so unless you live in Connecticut, you're pretty SOL.

I was looking at it too before, haha.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I didnt even notice....FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Hmm there wasnt anything on my local craigslist I could check my local shops I guess. And GC mabe they got some used ones. HmmM I was looking at some Esp ALEXI-600, and blackys not the ltd butedwards and esps and they had some nice deals on ebay. I think I saw a ESP alexi for the same as the jackson to.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I think thats one sexy RR24. I know I love mine and nothing has ever been as easy to play as it. So if you liked it before you should just get it again. Plus they keep re-sale value.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Do you know what kind of guitar you would like based on feel? It'd probably be best to get something close to what you had before, so you don't have to re-adapt to a new neck.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well jackson is my favorite brand of guitar and I love the feel of ESPs I was gonna sell my & string shecter befor I had to because of bills so I was gonna go back to Jackson Hence the thread comparing a jackson lol. I had a rr24 befor I had the 7 string and it didnt really borther me because I wore a cloth glove with no fingers so the stickyness of the neck wouldnt bother me
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member