Whats up everybody?

Im a newbie here and Im trying to decide between an LTD Deluxe H1001-FR (800$) or an ESP Horizon FR2 with seymour Duncans instead of active pickups. (yes I know something similar has been brought up before, and is also one of the biggest dilemmas in the esp-LTD world).
What do you guys think will be the better choice? or is it even technically possible to turn an active setup into a passive?

I was thinking if it were possible to install passive duncan humbuckers into the H1001FR (active EMG's) then I wouldnt get the very expensive european horizon. Or if the emg 85 and 81 are better than the duncans or visa versa, id just get the better one. I just dont like the fact that im gonna have to carry 9volts and a screwdriver-(LTD's non flip battery access) around with me when I do shows and parties, because im probably going to use this guitar as my main AX to replace my modded strat. People say that the battery doesnt have to be changed often, but Ive got a les paul ultra 2 that has an active shadowmag that sucks the battery clean out in about 3 weeks of heavy playing. and its a really small pup.

anyway, can I get some help here? im pretty lost in this mess.....

thanks - H.I.Shredder808
I'd suggest reposting this in the Electric guitar section.

And to answer your questions:

1. ESP. Better quality guitar.
2. Yes, it is possible to swap passives for actives and vice versa. It just requires new pickups and rewiring the entire guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 24, 2010,
thanks a ton for the quick answer oneblackened .

Ive had experience with the esp's and the LTDS before in quality (friend runs a music shop and i get first pick) and I personally cant tell the difference. except for the little things like the LTDS use a abalone binding which some consider too flashy and maybe even tacky, and that the LTD's are assembled in Korea as opposed to germany or maybe japan??? but aside from the maybe 1 in 20 final guitar finish thickness or uneven coat difference (LTDS) and where its assembled theres nothing that screams out "not as good" to me. well at least for the ones ive compared in person. just what I think.

so has anybody ever played with a horizon fr2 with the duncans before?
As I said, you'll get more answers in the electric guitar forum.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.