Hey, all! Okay, so, here's the scoop: I re-strung my friend's guitar today; it has a Floyd Rose Bridge on it. So, after the first attempt *this was my first attempt at re-stringing a guitar with Floyd Rose on it /period/*, it didn't turn out so well. The strings buzzed a lot so I figured that the guitar's neck might have bowed or something. After freaking out a while about breaking my friend's guitar, I figured out that I just re-strung it weird and now that's fixed.

Only thing is, now the pickups aren't working right >< it has a single coil at the neck end and a humbucker at the bridge end, both Jacksons. They work for the most part, but then start phasing in and out as if they were getting turned off/on by a switch.

So, my question to you is this: could my re-stringing have anything to do with this? My best guess is that coincidentally one of the pickups' batteries was already on its last leg and is now almost dead. However, I just wanna make sure that I didn't cause it, so I don't have to fork out a good amount of money to get it fixed.

Help? D:
is the bridge level with the body of the guitar? Changing strings doesn't break pickups.
Quote by mydian
is the bridge level with the body of the guitar? Changing strings doesn't break pickups.

Yeah, it is. I made sure of it like...five times haha. I get so paranoid

I didn't really think it would, but I already felt bad enough not doing it right cuz I thought that I had broken his guitar, so I was gonna take it to a repair shop and get it repaired for him *out of my pocket*, and I didn't wanna give it back to him being all like "yeah...your pickups are busted. May or may not be my fault. Sorry =P"
Those are not active pickups, unless it's a really old Jackson with a preamp circuit. It sounds to me like a wire on the input jack may have broken off. Could also be the toggle switch.
Check the pickup selector and the controls. Sometimes the selector on my Schecter cuts out and I have to move it back and forth a couple times to get the sound back. Take the cover off the back and check for loose wires. If it has batteries you should try replacing them. More than likely it's something simple because both pickups going bad at the same time, if at all, is pretty weird.
Quote by mydian
Check the pickup selector and the controls. Sometimes the selector on my Schecter cuts out and I have to move it back and forth a couple times to get the sound back. Take the cover off the back and check for loose wires. If it has batteries you should try replacing them. More than likely it's something simple because both pickups going bad at the same time, if at all, is pretty weird.

Thanks for the suggestion; I just checked the wiring I could, and everything seems fine. I have no idea how to change the batteries in pickups, either. Besides, I'd rather not mess with it too much since it's not my guitar and I don't wanna end up making it worse haha. But, thanks anyways!
Something can't fail: Take the back plate off, find the switch, and spray some contact cleaner into it. Can't hurt and may help you figure out where the problem is. Again, if there isn't a battery is the control cavity it isn't an active circuit and no batteries to worry about.