Maybe it's wired wrong because i can't find any images of series or parallel amps wired this way.

Here's an image

So if you can't understand my little picture
it's four 8ohm speakers.
the left speakers and right speakers are wired together
and one wire from each of the bottom speakers goes to the one (1) input jack.

I don't want to damage my amp so please help me figure out what ohm setting to use for this cab.
is it a stereo input jack?
Dream Theater FTW!!

Gear:
Ibanez S7320 7-string
Tama Superstar 8 pc. drum set
If you arent sure get a multimeter and test it, but yeah, if it is wired like that, gumbi is right.
Thank you Gumbilicious.
I've never heard of series/parallel before.
Is there any disadvantage to it?
and that would be the "8ohm single" option on my head right?
Last edited by ThorVonClemson at Aug 25, 2010,
series parallel is actually quite popular with cabinets with 4 speakers. it's advantages are maintaining the impedance of the speakers you mount in it, so you have 8 ohm speakers, you get an 8 ohm cab. if you used parallel wiring exclusively you could get only 4 ohm cabs, to get a 16 ohm cab with with parallel wiring you need speakers with more impedance than normal production speakers. so the wiring is mainly for making the impedance within a desired range.

Hi-Fi guys along time ago noticed that wiring your speakers in parallel 'smoothed' the signal and increased effective speaker surface area (for better low end response). the hifi guys usually would wire different sized speakers in one cab together to exagerate the smoothing effect.

in guitar cab application these effects are quite minimal
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by littlephil
If you arent sure get a multimeter and test it, but yeah, if it is wired like that, gumbi is right.

+1

Just plug your speaker cable into the box, and on the other end of the cable put one meter probe on the tip, and the other on the shaft.

My 8ohm speaker cab registers about 7.5ohm's, but it's 8.

Note: I believe a speakers resistance will change a tad, depending on the volume your running it at. (Not sure though.)
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Aug 25, 2010,
the speakers impedance changes sympathetically to quite a few variables, but yeah, it hardly ever reads the rated impedance with a multimeter. you'd need an impedance chart
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae