months ago I did a full pimp-out job on my MIM strat which included hardware and electrical parts change as well as a custom paint job based on frankenstein (the first picture being the result)... I decided to be slightly creative and go with gold instead of red because... everybody has seen the red one : P

the work was done in Korean Instrument Factory, the factory that also makes UG's beloved Agile guitars along with a number of other brand guitars.
Well, apparently there is a Canadian guitar company called Carparelli that also employs this factory for their Asian made models.

Recently they revealed their new JSV-1 model (which is Van Halen's frankie concept guitar apparently) for the Japanese market, and they added the "gold" color in addition to the four colors that were used in their previous model.

I got a reply from the company's 'Asian Distributing Director' branch that their new fifth color scheme is indeed based on my gold color design... apparently they saw mine in the factory while planning for their new Japanese market model and decided to add that color to their line.
so in short, it's not that big of a deal, and I'm not getting something from it or anythng (if anything we should all be paying Eddie)

but it just made me feel good that some guitar company decided that what I had in mind was pretty good and was fit for their new Japanese market model :P

I thought I should share it with some of ya'll, cause how many times does this happen to me, right?

**EDIT: notice how i never said 'my design'... i know the whole strip thing is EVH's original design and I'm strictly talking about the 'color scheme'... i'm only saying that the COLOR CHOICE I had in mind was used.
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Last edited by thelax at Aug 25, 2010,
you need larger photos in the post.......
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
you need larger photos in the post.......

huh? i think they are a bit oversized if anything
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
huh? i think they are a bit oversized if anything

Sarcasm not your forte?

Colour designs clearly are though