I have tried googling but i have only found vague answers. Is there a big difference? Is the layout the same? I really like the original Podfarms layout. Also; if I buy some tones for PodFarm 1, will they be compatiable with 2?

Is it worth the upgrade?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
POD Farm 2 does have a different UI. I only had POD Farm installed briefly before I upgraded so I can't remember too much about the differences. I don't think POD Farm let you have dual tone where as with POD Farm 2 you can. I'm pretty sure I got a lot of new models as well. Any tones you had with POD Farm that work with your hardware should also work with POD Farm2!
There is no sonic difference between the original Podfarm and Podfarm2.
The differences are that the newer version allows you to place items at any point in the chain, not just the fixed positions that were possible before.

It also includes Podfarm Elements, which is basically seperate plugins for the different model types, so an "Amp" plugin, a "Mod" plugin, a "Delay" plugin, etc...

frankly I don't think it's worth upgrading, seeing as its still the same tired old algorithms that have been there for years.
Lets not forget the most important element of Pod Farm 2

A TUNER!

That was one of my biggest gripes with Pod Farm 1.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Lets not forget the most important element of Pod Farm 2

A TUNER!

That was one of my biggest gripes with Pod Farm 1.

Im not sure if its a provlem with your PodFarm but I have a tuner with my PF 1.

Quote by TheDriller
There is no sonic difference between the original Podfarm and Podfarm2.
The differences are that the newer version allows you to place items at any point in the chain, not just the fixed positions that were possible before.

It also includes Podfarm Elements, which is basically seperate plugins for the different model types, so an "Amp" plugin, a "Mod" plugin, a "Delay" plugin, etc...

frankly I don't think it's worth upgrading, seeing as its still the same tired old algorithms that have been there for years.

Hmm that sounds quite cool but only so I can stuff around with the orders of pedals like in real life. I think that alone has me convinced.

It sounds as if your a little sick of PF. I have only started with it this year and absolutley love it. Can you conform or deny what Odirunn said about purchasing seperate amps and tones?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by METAL_MAN135

Hmm that sounds quite cool but only so I can stuff around with the orders of pedals like in real life. I think that alone has me convinced.

It sounds as if your a little sick of PF. I have only started with it this year and absolutley love it. Can you conform or deny what Odirunn said about purchasing seperate amps and tones?

There's been no change to the models, unless Odirunn is talking about the difference in models between the regular version and Platinum.
Podfarm2 has no extra models, and none of the current models have been updated.

Yeah, to be honest I'm a little tired of Podfarm, it has been outstripped entirely in terms of quality and realism by other Ampsims.
Still a good package and the effects models get regular use.
Quote by TheDriller
There's been no change to the models, unless Odirunn is talking about the difference in models between the regular version and Platinum.
Podfarm2 has no extra models, and none of the current models have been updated.

Yeah, to be honest I'm a little tired of Podfarm, it has been outstripped entirely in terms of quality and realism by other Ampsims.
Still a good package and the effects models get regular use.

Well thats fair enough. It was the first one i used and ive just stuck with it out of all the modelling sims. I can see why you wouldnt use it, being the professional here.

Can i trouble you with one more question? What is the difference between the platinum and regular editions? For the extra $150 it needs to be alot.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by Odirunn
There's a comparison between normal and platinum here: http://line6.com/podfarm/models.html

I think platinum just includes all the models packs you can buy individually, at what I hope is a discounted bulk price!

Thanks alot mate!
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
^ As you can see, there is a huge difference in the number of included models.
Platinum contains every Line6 model made so far, it's certainly worth the extra money.

I'm still using Podfarm Platinum quite regularly, in fact I'd say there isn't a single project i do that doesn't have at least a few instances of Podfarm in it.
I'm mostly using it for the modulation effects and delays, but the Preamp units are also pretty good.
I got pod farm 2 the day it came out, theirs nothing new about it apart from being able to load up just the amps or pedals instead of several pod farms, they could just have released an update for version 1, if you have a half decent computer capable of loading several VSTs then their is no point in getting PF 2, I meant to return my version but had to hold out cause the line 6 tech teams were trying to fix a major bug for mac users using some LINE6 devices
Quote by METAL_MAN135

In the standalone version, there was a tuner. Not in the plugin form (which was the only one I Had)

I was lucky enough to get a free upgrade to PF2 since I bought PF1 about 4 months before 2 came out. Yeah, its the same program (minus the tuner now being in the plugin) but I like it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp