Hey!

I have owned the valveking 212 for three years, im pretty happy with it and its doing what i need.

But, recently when i'm playing low notes such as an open on the top string a static noise comes through. Kind of like a ripping noise. I cant play anything low or this happens. It overpowers and its a really ugle sound.

Any ideas? Are my tubes worn or something?

Thanks
Oh man you definitely should change them. There are plenty of different tubes and you can definitely do it yourself. I don't know much about it since I don't own a tube amp myself, but I'm sure you can do it.
You do have to learn to bias for the VK's power tubes, or have it done professionally.

Thats what i love about MESA, no bias needed
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
It sounds like a preamp tube problem, not a power tube problem to me. If that's the case, no biasing is needed and you can just take out the old tubes and put in the new ones, not too different from changing a lightbulb.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by georgakis187
You do have to learn to bias for the VK's power tubes, or have it done professionally.

Thats what i love about MESA, no bias needed

No you don't. The VK is fixed bias, but it's kept constant by a resistor in the amp. You'd only need to bias it if you installed a bias pot.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Change power tubes once every year if you play every day. Maybe a year and a half.

Chang preamp tubes once every three or four years, except the phase inverter, which you should change every time you change power tubes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??