Hey UG

I have been thinking about buying a used jackson RR, and know i have found one on the internet thing is, i dont know what model it is:

Also is has taking some damage (so i can buy it very cheap) but i will have to do something about a piece of the upper wing which has broken off.

Description of the guitar:
Okay what i can see from pictures is that the specs are like this:
Neck-tru body
Original Floyd Rose
Jackson pickups (this is why i wonder what model it is)
Dot inlays on neck
Color : all black
Has a pickguard (as most RR models)
Comes with a Charvel Jackson hardcase
Owner said he paid like 2000$ for it (dunno if i should believe him) (he wants to sell it to my for like 300 - 400 $)

I am trying to find out if this is a good buy since i will have to get some repair work done on it. Mostly i don't see why there is jackson pickups on a neck tru body guitar, i havent found any model that has that on jacksons website.

Thanks for the help

/Rasmus
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
It sounds like an older model from the 80s or 90s, they used to use jackson stock pickups on the older ones, could even be custom shop.

But with those specs I'd jump on it right away for that price if its not too damaged.
Last edited by DavidMW at Aug 25, 2010,
post the link.

For a second I thought it was a Jackson RR5FR, but for that much money I don't think so.

Actaully reading the whole thing. I am wrong, it could be maybe an older Jackson RR guitar.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Aug 25, 2010,
Looks like a MIJ Jackson Professional series.

Does it have Professional inlayed on the headstock?

Also, that's way too much for that guitar. I picked up the one that's an RR1 for under $700.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
So 300$ is to much for this? Then what is it worth?

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
Kramer Voyager
Fender Classic 50 strat
Quote by Roopelatvalafan

are you kidding me man? An original floyd rose goes for $200 ON IT'S OWN.
jump on that, NOW.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Ok, that guitar is eh.

300.00 isn't too bad, but it's not in the best shape. Only thing its got going for it is neck thru

Also, are you sure its a OFR? Just cause he says it is doesn't mean it is.

Best thing to do is get the serial number so you can find out about it. If it is a real custom, the serial number won't be like a normal serial number. Also, if it were custom he should have all the custom shop paperwork that came with it.

300.00 for that guitar with a case isn't too much money but it does lead me to believe that it isn't a custom. Customs are still going for quite a lot of money.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
A neckthru Jackson is and has always been a higher end Jackson. I doubt that this guitar was 2k new, but it could have costed 1400 back in the days. If it is a high end MIJ 80's or early 90's Jackson, it probably is one of the finest metal axes on the planet. The floyd can be worn out, but even then, 300 is a good deal.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The one thing that is really throwing me off with this guitar is that it's neck thru w/ dot inlays.

Most, if not all, Jackson I have ever seen with dot inlays have always been lower end models, but this one has neck thru, so it just weird.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
It could be one of the older RRs. I bought my Soloist from a dude who was also selling a Jackson King V which was made in... '96 or something like that. He sold it for €350 (which is insanely cheap), and it was a made in America, Original Floyd, Neck thru, Seymour Duncan pups, very nice case included guitar. But, dot inlays. The older models just look different, I suppose.

Either way, its a pity that one of the wings is damaged but all in all, it seems to be a very reliable, badass guitar.
Yeah
It's an RR Pro Standard. Made in the early '90s in Japan. The Standard had an unbound rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, and came in rather plain finishes (black, white, blue). The RR Pro was a direct RR1 copy that was made in Japan. The RR Pro had the bound ebony board, shark-fin inlays, and came in a variety of colors (I've seen metallic red, yellow, and metallic purple).

$300 is a GREAT price.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
It's an RR Pro Standard. Made in the early '90s in Japan. The Standard had an unbound rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, and came in rather plain finishes (black, white, blue). The RR Pro was a direct RR1 copy that was made in Japan. The RR Pro had the bound ebony board, shark-fin inlays, and came in a variety of colors (I've seen metallic red, yellow, and metallic purple).

$300 is a GREAT price.

This fellow has got it! Here's a scan from the 1993 Jackson/Charvel catalogue.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content/Guitar_catalog_scans/Jackson_Charvel/1993_Jackson_Charvel/JC1993Page19.jpg

Second one down.

All of the Jackson Professional series from the early 90's are fantastic quality, and they were so good Jackson stopped making them because they were harming the USA line sales.
Okay, thanks for the help guys..

Also: Do you think one would be able to fix the broken wing oneself? Saw of a tiny bit so the breake of is clean cut, then saw a new piece of wood to the correct shape and glue it on with some evil stuff? Then sandpaper the finish down abit, and apply new paint? (eventually sand paper the whole guitar, and give it a new paint job?)

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
Kramer Voyager
Fender Classic 50 strat
It is repairable but if you pay someone else to do it all you might as well just buy a guitar that isn't messed up at a higher price.

You basically got the method down for repair, but instead of just glueing the piece on I would drill a hole or 2 in the guitar where you make the cut and on the new piece. Then glue dowels in, then put together with the glue on the dowels and the new piece. Let drt, shape, repaint.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Roopelatvalafan

I thought I'd read that you said he was asking far more than that for it.

I was mistaken.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by srob7001
The one thing that is really throwing me off with this guitar is that it's neck thru w/ dot inlays.

Most, if not all, Jackson I have ever seen with dot inlays have always been lower end models, but this one has neck thru, so it just weird.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-rhoads-pro-ex-std-professional.htm

Never seen these before?

I owned an RR1 version from 1992.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 25, 2010,