Basically the thread title says it all. I'm very interested in acquiring a Vox AC15C1 for my next amp, and need it be able to both do a good Feeder like crunchy overdrive (can boost with TS if needs be) and also take pedals very well (for my Progressive/Post Rock side band).

Few questions: I hear some of the AC15s are very harsh treble wise. Does this concern the AC15C1?

Also, does the master volume act as a master volume or is it part of the gain structure as well?

Cheers.
Most people I have ever met that play through a Vox anything either love them or hate them..there is no middle. They take time to dial in to your liking as the controls are sensitive...yes the treble can be a bit high and turning your guitar tone pots down doesn't help. The AC15 is perfect, but everything from the guitar you play to how your project your sound (mic thru a PA or no mic) all change things. My recommendation, find one at your favorite store...go play it at different levels. It's not a perfect setting, but its a start. In short, Vox amps are an individual taste kind of thing based on your playing style and genres.
Are you talking about Fender amps? How 'crunchy' do you expect this amp/a Fender amp to go?

AC15CC1 amps can be very harsh depending on how you set the cut knob. The speaker is also not the best match for the amp. Gain wise, you won't get past early classic rock tones even with a boost.

You'd have to use a distortion pedal to get any decent heavy tones imo and even still, they don't like every pedal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No, Feeder are a band, mainly alt rock stuff. Not very well know outside the UK though.

its the AC15C1, not the CC, as far as i know they're somewhat different amps (different speakers? the one im looking at has greenbacks in). The heaviest I'd need to go with this is maybe "Dammit" heavy (as in the blink song)
Quote by Dan_5893
No, Feeder are a band, mainly alt rock stuff. Not very well know outside the UK though.

its the AC15C1, not the CC, as far as i know they're somewhat different amps (different speakers? the one im looking at has greenbacks in). The heaviest I'd need to go with this is maybe "Dammit" heavy (as in the blink song)

Greenbacks are a sure upgrade to the speakers in the CC1. That's for sure

Do you maybe have a link you can share for the amp? That way we can check it out.

If you can try it out for yourself it would probably be the best thing.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Since im on my phone at the moment i cant post the exact link, but on proguitarshop.com its the AC15C1 combo (under Vox Amps).

they're somewhat difficult to come by around here, i know shops that can get them in but if i dont buy the amp theres a fee involved for the special order (nothing huge but id rather not have to fork out for an amp i dont want). I want to have as much information as possible going into the store so i can decide between this or other amps.

by the way, does anyone know if the master volume (on this amp) means master volume as in speaker output volume?