Hey!

So Ive recently made a discovery for myself, so I was one day at the store, looking for a new guitar. I was thinking of the ESP M-II but thought of trying the M-1000 aswell. So I tried it, and a couple other guitars.

I noticed something about the sound of the construction. Its hard to explain, but on a set neck guitar the sound of a string (you dont need an amp for this) it just sounds so deep and kinda a lil muddy aswell. But really deep and like you had a huge boost for the really low frequencies. I DONT like it. I prefer the bold-on, punchy sound. The ESP M-II bolt-on just fir me better.

So have you noticed anything like this with set-neck/neck-thru vs. bolt-on?

I first thought it was the hard-tail (some guitars I had played) but then I came to this conclusion because the M-1000 has an FR.
A bolt on will sound more punchy, thats just a given considering its construction. In terms of sustain, all 3 will sustain the same IF the build quality is the same as well meaning they are built right.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
A bolt on will sound more punchy, thats just a given considering its construction. In terms of sustain, all 3 will sustain the same IF the build quality is the same as well meaning they are built right.

This.

DSOTM is right.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yerrpp
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
thanks for the answer and also the "hey your an idiot". You learn by asking, dont you? or with experience, but both in this case.

Chill out guyz

Cheers
Don't worry, theres a smartass on every forum. You learn by asking, by gathering information. No one was born and knew everything right away. Everyone asks 'dumb' questions at first...though they aren't dumb questions when you're learning. People just need to stop with the elitist bull*hit.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Don't worry, theres a smartass on every forum. You learn by asking, by gathering information. No one was born and knew everything right away. Everyone asks 'dumb' questions at first...though they aren't dumb questions when you're learning. People just need to stop with the elitist bull*hit.

QFT
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Quote by DSOTM80

+1
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by DSOTM80

word
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?