Hi guys,

as you might've guessed by looking at the title and the countless other threads, I'm searching for a new guitar and you're my hope to get the best out of my budget.

I'm currently selling my Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige since I can't stand it anymore, hoping to get something around 700€ for it. So yeah that's roundabout my budget. Anything below is fine for me too.

I use a Vox VT30 with which I'm happy so there's no way I'm going to change it. My other guitar's a Indie, Les Paul kind of shape + tone. I play literally everything, from blues, over jazz to metal... so yeah. Something versatile would be cool.

Really hope some of you help me out

Cheers
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Last edited by flamster at Aug 25, 2010,
Well before we do, you need to help US out ! What kind of guitars do you have in mind ? any particular shape ? ( LP shape, V, X, Strat ... ) Number of pickups ? Humbuckers or single coils ? Do you need a trem ? 22 or 24 frets ? ...
Ok I just realised I've given very few details about what I want, sorry for that

I prefer not to have a Floyd Rose again. 24 frets are necessary, 6 or 7 strings is depending on the guitar so yeah I'd consider both. Shape can be anything really, apart from V or X type. Everything else is optional / not crucial to my choice. I need an overall convincing guitar, versatility plays a key role in that though.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Quote by flamster
Ok I just realised I've given very few details about what I want, sorry for that

I prefer not to have a Floyd Rose again. 24 frets are necessary, 6 or 7 strings is depending on the guitar so yeah I'd consider both. Shape can be anything really, apart from V or X type. Everything else is optional / not crucial to my choice. I need an overall convincing guitar, versatility plays a key role in that though.

I don't own one but everytime I've picked up an LTD guitar i've loved it. Maybe an LTD EC-1000? The old Schecter C-1 Classics had 24 frets, neck thru (if you care about that), and 2 humbuckers with some sort of coil tap thing.
Quote by ghiyath
I don't own one but everytime I've picked up an LTD guitar i've loved it. Maybe an LTD EC-1000? The old Schecter C-1 Classics had 24 frets, neck thru (if you care about that), and 2 humbuckers with some sort of coil tap thing.
Schecters only have set necks that are sculpted to look like a neck-thru. Just so you know
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by flamster

Did you dislike anything on the guitar except for the Floyd? Because there's a new RG which is just like the 1570, but with a fixed bridge:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg1451_nc.htm

Uhm, do you NEED 24 frets? Because there's plenty of nice, versatile guitars with 22. I'm thinking of a used Framus Diablo Pro or Fender American Standard Fat Strat. Or if it has to be new, a Highway One or Deluxe Player's Strat with HSS configuration. Or maybe a Fender Lonestar.
Quote by TheQuailman
Did you dislike anything on the guitar except for the Floyd? Because there's a new RG which is just like the 1570, but with a fixed bridge:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg1451_nc.htm

Uhm, do you NEED 24 frets? Because there's plenty of nice, versatile guitars with 22. I'm thinking of a used Framus Diablo Pro or Fender American Standard Fat Strat. Or if it has to be new, a Highway One or Deluxe Player's Strat with HSS configuration. Or maybe a Fender Lonestar.

Well I for some reason lost motivation to play it, so it just stands in my corner without being used. Yeah, the Floyd Rose was one reason I didn't use the Ibanez as much as when I bought it.

And as for the 24 frets, it'd be really nice to have at least one guitar with 24 frets since my other one's got only 22 and that is sort of annoying when trying to play songs using three octaves.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
prs se custom 25th anniversary 24 (fret).

i just got one and it's a cool, versatile guitar, in your price range.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
schecter hellraiser. the emgs give a good metal sound and they're surprisingly warm on clean. you can also coil tap them so its very versatile
HILT!

Where's Waldo?