Hey guys,
So for my bass build i bought this bridge
And my problem is that the screws that you use to change the action, are too short. If i raise them all the way up the action is still super low where all i get is buzz.
Then i tried ordering this from allparts: http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Bridge-Height-Screws-Hex-Head-1-2-Black-/140442735467?pt=Guitar_Accessories
but they were too big.

So my question: where can I get screws for my bridge? When i bought the bridge it didn't say what size they were so i'm stuck...
Quote by salgala2000
So my question: where can I get screws for my bridge? When i bought the bridge it didn't say what size they were so i'm stuck...

I'm sure you know how to use a ruler.
Did you build the bass completely by yourself? If so you might not have the neck pocket routed deep enough, which is why you can't get the saddles high enough to get the strings over the frets.
The intonation screws in the backs of the saddles will only allow them to be raised so much. Once you go too far you'll put that intonation screw in a bind.

I'd probably make a shim for the bridge instead of trying to get longer screws to jack the saddles up.

How much more height do you need?
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Matt420740
The intonation screws in the backs of the saddles will only allow them to be raised so much. Once you go too far you'll put that intonation screw in a bind.

I'd probably make a shim for the bridge instead of trying to get longer screws to jack the saddles up.

How much more height do you need?

+1 A shim seems the best way to go, as long as your pickups can go high enough as well.
^Yes that's what was happening. But in my old bass bridge the screws were like 2/3 longer than the ones that the bridge has now which is why i thought i could replace it. I will try to make some type of shim to raise the bridge up... What would you reccomend doing?
And at the highest point of the bridge i'm still missing quite a bit of height. It's not about me complaining about action, the action is so low that i will hear only buzz.

What would you reccomend for a "shim"??
I would recommend either some maple or stainless steel if you have any of that lying around. I'd be careful about using a metal that corrodes overly though.

Like these but home made of course.
Last edited by Knurlheim at Aug 25, 2010,