So I finally got a job.
Which allowed me to make money.
Which I then spent on a new amp!

A Hayden Mofo and an Orange PPC112

There was a bit of an issue as when I recieved the head there was a loose connection inside, or something, and it made a terrible hissing noise. I phoned up the shop (I bought it online) and asked to return it and have the money refunded (they didn't have anymore in stock). A little while later they rang back and said they'd phoned Hayden and could get another amp to me on Thursday.

Turns out they actually make them round the corner from where I live. Quite literally! So I ended up recieving it today.

Review:
It's 30 watts single channel but has a 'stealth switch' which drops it down to 2 watts, which is great for practicing at home.

The Mofo knob is a footswitchable boost which adds a hell of a lot of gain. Switched off you can only get pretty moderate amounts of drive, perfect for classic rock, but when you kick in the Mofo it really screams.

It's got 2 inputs, UK and US, and they affect the voicing quite a bit. I personally prefer the UK input which sound quite Marshally.

I love how it responds to playing dynamics and the guitars volume knob. If i set it up for a light crunch I can roll my guitar volume back for cleans, acticate the Mofo boost for distortion and boost it with an OD for even more gain!

It's defintitely not for metal, no matter what Hayden say! But it's not a one trick pony either and is surprisingly versatile.

I'm really loving it. In fact I may go play with it some more!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Always wanted to try one of those out, they're supposed to be the successors to the Ashdown guitar amps.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Looks awesome!

HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Niiiice, I just traded away my PPC112, good little cab. Clips of the Mofo?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by salgala2000
Happy NAD!!! any words on the orange?

The cab is pretty solidly built and sounds far better than the stock Mofo cab. That's all I can really say as this is my first head/cab set up so I don't have much to compare it to! It looks awesome though haha!

Quote by mcraddict81592
Clips of the Mofo?

I'll see if I can do some tomorrow, too late to be making noise now!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain