Hey there!

I'm thinking about starting a new site about building your own guitar with articles and tips about the best kits and schematics etc for building guitars.
Was just wondering if anybody had built there own guitar which I could talk to them about and if they wouldn't mind giving me some pictures to show on the site?

If anyone has any info at all then please PM me, would love to talk!

Thanks.
Browse through here, theres honestly hundreds of builds here. Theres also projectguitar.com
Quote by act31
Browse through here, theres honestly hundreds of builds here. Theres also projectguitar.com

act31 - Thanks dude, I'll be sure to check out the forum sections here, trouble is they're just so expansive, but I guess that's a good thing!
Will check out projectguitar.com too, wasn't aware of it. Much appreciated!
Why bother starting a website when project guitar and the official luthiers forum (and this place) exists?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by jimiclapton
MintSauce - Thanks for your input mate. Great help! I bet you're a great guitarist!
Advertising other websites is against UG rules, dont be a d*ck about it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Why bother starting a website when project guitar and the official luthiers forum (and this place) exists?

A valid point Absent Mind. Here are the answers!

A) Because I can
B) Because I intend to review the guitar kits that are avilable to buy, for those of us who don't have the tools and/or wherewithal to build a guitar from a blank to the finished article.
and C) Because sometimes forums and such can be ungainly places where you have to trawl through loads of stuff to find what you're looking for, where you have to register to have your say, and where there exists people like Mint Sauce. Not to discredit the forums or the communities and the work that goes into them but I just think it'd be cool to make something a little different and of course on a smaller scale. for easy reference.

Just considering the options at the moment.

Thanks for your post!
Last edited by jimiclapton at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Absent Mind
Advertising other websites is against UG rules, dont be a d*ck about it.

Well then how about politely informing me in a friendly manner that I had contravened the rules? This is a community is it not? Be a friend dude! I'm not here to spam or shamelessly plug my websites, I just wanna hang out with cool cats like you man!

Perhaps I'll report you for using expletives? I bet you're a great guitarist!
Quote by jimiclapton
A valid point Absent Mind. Here are the answers!

A) Because I can
B) Because I intend to review the guitar kits that are avilable to buy, for those of us who don't have the tools and/or wherewithal to build a guitar from a blank to the finished article.
and C) Because sometimes forums and such can be ungainly places where you have to trawl through loads of stuff to find what you're looking for, where you have to register to have your say, and where there exists people like Mint Sauce. Not to discredit the forums or the communities and the work that goes into them but I just think it'd be cool to make something a little different and of course on a smaller scale. for easy reference.

Just considering the options at the moment.

Thanks for your post!

I didn't know people valued the opinions of a tool with no credibility or merit, maybe its just me
Quote by Comrade Curry
I didn't know people valued the opinions of a tool with no credibility or merit, maybe its just me

Guys, just listen to yourselves... c'mon, this is a bad reflection on guitarists.
I came to seek answers and you're breaking my heart. No need. No need.

Thanks to all the guys who pointed me in the right direction, appreciate your time.
To all the haters, I bet you're all great guitarists! Aren't ya? Hey? I mean, you guys probably really rock, huh?