before you all say it i know im not going to get a killswitch engage tone bang on, but im after something like it, im after a small tube amp not too loud for my bedroom, so far i have looked at peavey 6505+ 112, blackstar ht 5, krank rev jr pro. Is there any advice you can give me to help me get what im after, im a real fan of there pinch harmonics aswell so hopefully something they will sound good on aswell, also im going to get a new guitar thinking of an esp ltd ec 401.

many thanks
At the two users above, *reported*...

OT: 6505 will get you nice metal tones.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Id say HT5. It can do metal fine, and it's not really loud. I can be loud though. I dont know where you live but if I'd play a 6505 in my appartment I'd always get a complaining neighbour about the beautiful sweet br00talz pooring through the walls.
Yeah
cheerz for all the that spam..... grow up. and im not after any type of pod i had a 2.0 and hated it, im after a tube tone. will the ht5 be capable of kse type of tone with a maxon overdrive added ? where i live now a 6505 would be fine as i have a big garage and dont really have neighbours but im moving into a new house soon so cant have something too loud
thanks
Not sure if this is good advice or not but its what popped into my head...
Peavey Vypyr Tube? I think it has a headphone jack so that may be useful if you cant play loud...
i have also looked at the blackstar ht 20, found a few videos on youtube they dont sound too bad
Quote by phil-jones
cheerz for all the that spam..... grow up. and im not after any type of pod i had a 2.0 and hated it, im after a tube tone. will the ht5 be capable of kse type of tone with a maxon overdrive added ? where i live now a 6505 would be fine as i have a big garage and dont really have neighbours but im moving into a new house soon so cant have something too loud
thanks

The ht-5 will do it without a boost...but by all means boost it anyway!! and trust me, I own one, it might only be 5 watts.....but I've used it un-mic'd in my college music hall....and it was well loud enough!! its good for everything. Just turn the gain up and set the ISF control more to the left and you'll get the american metal sound you want.
Last edited by gurg06 at Aug 25, 2010,
I lurve my 6262, granted it's not one of the best bedroom amp but i can normally crank it to about 2ish in my room (my room is pretty big, 7mx8m or so) so that may be why, Sounds pretty awesome tho, All my videos are recorded with the amp on about 1.
yer i found this video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxcIj-iZsVg

hes using the maxon od808 that kse use and to be honest it sounds pretty awesome, went to a guitat shop today adn tryed a ht20 combo, wow there big i didnt expect them to be that size, it sounded pretty good aswell found a shop where they will do me a deal on a 20 for 350 then probs buy a maxon pedal