i was just wondering what scales would be best suited for soloing in the style of mayer, srv, and hendrix.

thanks for any advice
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Major and Minor Pentatonics are a must

then Dorian and mixolydian modes i guess
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by salgala2000
And blues scale

ha and i forget the most obvious one
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
isn't the diffrence between a Pentatonic minor and Blues scale only by one diffrence? And im pretty sure they used those two scales.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
blues, major and minor pentatonic are the foundation. and yes they are all basically the same with very minor changes. having said that learning the other scales can't hurt at all. hendrix explored a great deal withhis playing and you can hear other scales being used (whether he really knew the theory or not is debateable).
Quote by ibrahimasood
isn't the diffrence between a Pentatonic minor and Blues scale only by one diffrence? And im pretty sure they used those two scales.

yeah, an extra flattened fifth in the blues i believe.
You can always throw in chord tones as well to be a little varied in your playing.

Listen to SRV stuff, not everything is pentatonic. Although much of it is you can here chord tones in songs like Empty Arms. (Link)
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
thanks for the response guys. the major pentatonic is what ive formed the foundation of my playing on since i started playing. unfortunatly i havent really learned any other scales thoroughly. however i have really improved in finding the right notes when i improvise without even thinking about scales. any advice besides the obvious practicing for learning and really incorporating different scales into my playing?

basically im trying to get to the level of soloing in the style of JM. in my opinion he's the best out there for this style of music right now
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Well IMO the major pentatonic is harder to play so it shouldn't be that hard to learn minor pentatonic for you. Sorry I can't think of any other advice other than whats been mentioned......