What songs do people (who know you decently) EXPECT you to be able to play but you can't?

For me it's Rivendell and The Trees by Rush. Anyone who knows me well knows I love Rush, yet I can't play a note of either of these two songs on acoustic guitar.

Anyone else?
Iron man, I was in a guitar store and someone asked if I knew any black sabbath.. I completely forgot the riff
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I dunno how to play any of the typical songs on the 'Top 20 songs you must know if you play guitar'. I don't like classic rock.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'm confused. Do you mean can't play technically, or don't know the song?
PM me for newts
Quote by Todd Hart
I dunno how to play any of the typical songs on the 'Top 20 songs you must know if you play guitar'. I don't like classic rock.

i dont mind it but im sick of people treating classic 60's and 70's rock as the end all and nothing has been made since thats as good
EVERY non guitarist expect guitar players to know the two classics Stairway To heaven and Smoke On The Water. I've been asked if I know how to play it before lol.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by StewieSwan
I'm confused. Do you mean can't play technically, or don't know the song?

Songs that someone would expect you personally to know how to play as a musician, but you don't know how to play them.
I rarely learn songs all the way through, so pretty much all of them.

I know riffs from songs, but I never bother to sit and learn a song all the way through.
Quote by ibrahimasood
EVERY non guitarist expect guitar players to know the two classics Stairway To heaven and Smoke On The Water. I've been asked if I know how to play it before lol.

I don't know either of them, mostly because I can't be bothered.
There's always some pseudo-hippie dumbass who has that one folk song in his head that I've never even heard of. And guitarists of course have to know every obnoxious watered down 4 chord folk song EVER, lyrics included.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by TMF128
I rarely learn songs all the way through, so pretty much all of them.

I know riffs from songs, but I never bother to sit and learn a song all the way through.

thank god im not alone..i never learn all the way through.. i always seem to get asked to play under the bridge frmo the chilli peppers
Well Stairway to Heaven. I've just never bothered learning it. All of my friends listen to different music than I and so they always want me to play something from an artist that they like, but I don't like and don't know how to play. So instead I unleash some Megadeth on them.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
"Hey, you're into metal, right?"

"yup!"

"play some metallica!"

*stares blankly*

"play some judas priest!"

*stares blankly*

"play some Iron Maiden!"

*stares blankly*

"Well what CAN you play?"

*plays New Millenium Cyanide Christ from Meshuggah*

*other person walks away*

True story.
Through the Fire and Flames

Also, I remember a couple years back, the school's band was playing Sweet Child o' Mine.
Their guitarist (now my best friend haha) failed miserably at the guitar parts.
I would always tell everyone I was better...then a couple months later I brought my guitar to school and someone asked me to play it and I couldn't ..
Keep in mind we were 12 :P
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What songs do people (who know you decently) EXPECT you to be able to play but you can't?

For me it's Rivendell and The Trees by Rush. Anyone who knows me well knows I love Rush, yet I can't play a note of either of these two songs on acoustic guitar.

Anyone else?

And we expect no more of you.
Quote by ikitson
And we expect no more of you.

I might be a Rush fan and guitarist but that's no reason to slavishly copy every move Alex Lifeson makes.

Now give me a bass and I could whack out Prime Mover or YYZ pretty easily.
Considering the area I live in...Freebird, Stairway to Heaven, Iron Man, Raining Blood, One, Hell's Bells, Walk (not so much though), Smoke On The Water, Highway to Hell, Sweet Home Alabama and...some others.
I don't know how to play Sweet Child, and really am against learning it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I can't play either of them because they're shit.

*thumbs up*
Highly overrated too.
I never learned how to play Sweet Child of Mine, I've forgotten how to play Stairway to Heaven.. I don't know, what songs do people expect you to be able to play?