On a scale from 1 to 10. Be honest. I wont get mad if you say I suck.
1 being I should stop singing forever, 5 being needs improvement and 10 being semi- professional.

Its just a couple of cut clips from a church song. Not very long.

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=736299055.wma

Hints, tips, and suggestions welcome.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Aug 25, 2010,
My ears tell me it would do great for "skate-punk" if you let me call it that. The song seems to be in that direction and so is your voice IMO. The first thing that I hear that you should practice is pitching. I know myself that it's hard, especially when singing at the same time but practice and it will only get better.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Thanks man. Im a newbie to singing; can you explain pitching?
It's basicly the freqvency of the note you singing... or the same thing you do when tuning your guitar. You problably hold one note you know are in tune, say your 5th fret B-string and then play your high-E and try to get it to the same pitch as the b string. If you don't tune it right your chord will sound out of tune.

It's the same with your voice, if you don't pitch or "tune" it you will sing a bit false and it will not sound as good.

Try hiting a single note on a guitar or piano and then hold the same note with your voice, you will probably hear that the guitar and voice "overlap" eachother... It's hard for me to describe in words really but I hope you get the idea... otherwise feel free to say so and I will try again :P
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Yea, I get it. So youre saying I need to be more in tune?
yes, you know where you wanna go but your voice ain't used to singin' yet so you land a little flat or high sometimes. But good thing is you only need to practice and keep it going and that will soon be gone.

For exercises I would say practice holding loooong notes and focus on really holding them in pitch. It's just about listening!
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Thanks man. Ill do that every time Im home alone. There is no way I am singing with outhers in the house.
@cheeseman - Erm... I edited your posts for you. I think someone is using your account and trying to get you into trouble.

I say this because you *never* make posts like that.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hahahahahahahahaha. First time ever playing and singing at the same time. I really a bassist so chords give me a hard time. Thanks for the input, though.