Hi

From my previous thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354556 , I have checked all my intonation properly as Mirakus had instructed.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
I have fixed my intonation on the G string, however, it was also the 4th string that wasn't intonated as well. So, this is the problem... By checking the 4th string 12th fret, it's too flat, so I have to move the saddle towards the neck. However, it cannot move anymore towards the neck, and it's still too flat. And yes, my 4th string is tuned correctly.

How do you fix this problem? Would the groove height in the nut of the 4th string be the problem? Or would it be a bad string?

Thanks,
Mason
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Last edited by Mason12309 at Aug 25, 2010,
Are the strings new? If they are and it still won't intonate, then there's not much else you can do. I have a guitar with a similar problem - an ESP. A luthier might be able to help, but then you have to take the original cost of the guitar into account. How much are you willing to spend to correct the problem?

One other thing... How old is the guitar? Is it still under warranty?
Quote by KG6_Steven
Are the strings new? If they are and it still won't intonate, then there's not much else you can do. I have a guitar with a similar problem - an ESP. A luthier might be able to help, but then you have to take the original cost of the guitar into account. How much are you willing to spend to correct the problem?

One other thing... How old is the guitar? Is it still under warranty?

The strings are about a month old, but they aren't that rusty. My guitar is about 8 months old, and to be honest, I don't even know how long it's under warranty for...
Since you said that there's nothing else I can do, I guess I'll have to take it to the store and see if they could fix it... Hopefully the price will be ok...

Anyone else know how to fix this problem?
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Last edited by Mason12309 at Aug 25, 2010,