I just got a new SX furrian (telecaster clone). I've always liked the way they looked. It's a nice guitar, but I mostly play metal. The bridge pickup obviously needs to be replaced for that reason with a higher output humbucker. Vintage stock looks are important and I saw this pickup: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Neovin-Power-Rock-Overwound-Noiseless-Bridge-Pickup-for-Telecaster_p_545.html

would it allow high gain modern sounds? I'm going to keep the neck pickup stock.

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
YES! I have this pickup in my Esquire. It's the most versatile single-coil (sort of) pickup I've ever used. It gets you the strereotypical Tele twang, but it really shines with a punchy overdrive tone. I haven't really used it for death metal or anything, but System of a Down, P.O.D.? Nailed that.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Last edited by MortifiedLizard at Aug 25, 2010,
That sounds great! It doesn't have to get too brutal, I have two other guitars one with an EKG 81 in the bridge, one with a guitarheads active in the bridge. So I was going to just use this guitar for Eb tuning.

Dean Vendetta XM
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
That dimarzio looks nice but it's twice the price, and doesn't retain the vintage looks. Any other suggestions?

Dean Vendetta XM
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
a little off tpoic, but how is the sx? what wood is it made of? does it hold its tuning? hows the neck? ive always contemplating buying one.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
a little off tpoic, but how is the sx? what wood is it made of? does it hold its tuning? hows the neck? ive always contemplating buying one.

it's good for the money for sure. Not sure what it's made of, but it's well made. The neck needs adjustment I just got it and it has a little bit of buzzing but that should be fixable. I'll take some photos when I get a chance.

Dean Vendetta XM
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Quote by tronester
it's good for the money for sure. Not sure what it's made of, but it's well made. The neck needs adjustment I just got it and it has a little bit of buzzing but that should be fixable. I'll take some photos when I get a chance.

I've always wanted to try one too. The Agiles I've bought from rondo have always surpassed what I was expecting out of them.

http://www.rondomusic.com/stl622ts.html

^That looks interesting...