I hope this is the correct place to post this thread.

I'm looking to buy a new strap. My budget...well I'm not 100% sure of what a budget should be for a strap, but hopefully less than $50.

Keep in mind that part of the reason I need a new strap is because my PRS Custom 24 has HUGE strap buttons so my current strap doesn't fit over then, so I'm looking for something that can fit over them.

In addition, I also need a strap that can go pretty high up because I play my guitar pretty high up. Think John Petrucci (really big so click the link):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/John_Petrucci_Rio_2.jpg

or Tosin Abasi high:

I'm debating the DiMarzio Cliplok strap, because it would appear that's what both of them are using, but I've heard that the Cliplok doesn't let you get your guitar up that high.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
clearly it does let you have your guitar up that high. and tbh any nylon webbing strap in your local guitar store for $5 will have good stay-on-ability i got a rotosound one from a local guitar shop for £2.50 a few years back and its got sort of a rubber/fake leather ends and is a complete bugger to get off and thats on fairly small strap buttons. so you don't have to spend mega bucks to get a good strap for what you want. just go to your local guitar store and look at em. you'll be surprised at what you can get for 10% of your budget. then spend the other $45 on a pedal or somethin'.

EDIT: or what about fitting straplocks?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Aug 25, 2010,
I had trouble with the huge strap buttons on my PRS as well, I mean even the PRS nylon strap I bought didn't fit over them. I just bought some strap locks and installed them.
Quote by Dempsey68
clearly it does let you have your guitar up that high. and tbh any nylon webbing strap in your local guitar store for $5 will have good stay-on-ability i got a rotosound one from a local guitar shop for £2.50 a few years back and its got sort of a rubber/fake leather ends and is a complete bugger to get off and thats on fairly small strap buttons. so you don't have to spend mega bucks to get a good strap for what you want. just go to your local guitar store and look at em. you'll be surprised at what you can get for 10% of your budget. then spend the other $45 on a pedal or somethin'.

EDIT: or what about fitting straplocks?

Well, I was just talking about the complaints that I've read about. Don't know how true they are!

Not big on getting strap locks.
Quote by justinbob33
I had trouble with the huge strap buttons on my PRS as well, I mean even the PRS nylon strap I bought didn't fit over them. I just bought some strap locks and installed them.

Yeah, they're sort of getting on my nerves in that sense. I'm debating strap locks but I'm also thinking against it.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6