Page 1 of 3
And what kind of authority do they have where you live?

In sweden they have quite little authority, you can't touch them (literally) and no verbal abuse, they can tell kids to calm down but can't enforce it. With some schools there's a huge lack of discipline and no possibility for teachers to do anything about it, leaving alot of them targets to emotional and sometimes physical abuse. I think it'd be better if teachers could have more authority to enforce things. Maybe even taser people, that seems popular these days.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They should have the authority to beat some ass.

It would be so frustrating being a teacher.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Bring back the cane. A swift whack on the arse will teach these young hooligans some discipline. The amount of authority teachers have is similar to Kensai's country. Not allowed to touch. Yelling, detention and very close monitoring is pretty much all teachers can do.

Seriously, most kids these days are cocky, rude, uneducated heathens. The future of this country is screwed. The shocking thing is, some parents genuinely don't give a flying monkey's nutsack about their kids, either.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Aug 25, 2010,
tasers are all the rage these days
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Not too sure on the matter, but high school would have been much more entertaining with a taser-policy in place. That's for sure.
Or at the very least, to defend themselves. Way back when I was in school, most teachers were feared by students.... those who weren't didn't last.

Quote by Gyroscope
They should have the authority to beat some ass.

It would be so frustrating being a teacher.
You can't touch them? That sounds a bit extreme, I mean when I was in school, there were teachers who I would high five and whatnot.

But yeah, I don't know what you can do about it. I mean, it seems like if teachers could taser kids, all hell would break loose. I'm just speaking from personal experience, because if they tried that in my old high school, the teachers would literally be eaten alive.
Teachers SHOULD have complete and total authority, and if that means bringing back the cane, then so be it.

I've been into classes where the kids are not doing any work, throwing things about, graffiting the tables and generally causing chaos.
teachers see more of a kid than the kid's parent does. likewise, i think they deserve to be able to exert some more authority on them than they have. they should be able to do anything a parent can legally do as far as punishment is concerned. they can't administer beatings, but they should be able to pop them on the mouth or something.
#DTWD
Theachers here can't do much. That being said, they don't need to. No one in our school does much to cause shit and those that do typically get "get out of my class and go to the office", then they message the office to tell them their coming. WHEN they don't, they get suspended.

It's a simple school =p
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by primusfan
teachers see more of a kid than the kid's parent does. likewise, i think they deserve to be able to exert some more authority on them than they have.they should be able to do anything a parent can legally do as far as punishment is concerned. they can't administer beatings, but they should be able to pop them on the mouth or something.

Exactly. A large portion of how you mature and the sort of person you grow up to be in determined in school, because you spend so much time there. These cheeky bastards need some discipline.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
if a teacher hit me with a cane for talking they would get a #2 pencil in their eye.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Teachers SHOULD have complete and total authority, and if that means bringing back the cane, then so be it.

I've been into classes where the kids are not doing any work, throwing things about, graffiting the tables and generally causing chaos.

That would be such bullshit. One more step away from freedom. Kids hate school enough as it is. Why do we need to make it any more unpleasant for them?
Quote by HorizonShadow
Theachers here can't do much. That being said, they don't need to. No one in our school does much to cause shit and those that do typically get "get out of my class and go to the office", then they message the office to tell them their coming. WHEN they don't, they get suspended.

It's a simple school =p

Same, basically
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by CaptDin
That would be such bullshit. One more step away from freedom. Kids hate school enough as it is. Why do we need to make it any more unpleasant for them?

We all have to do things we don't enjoy....

Plus I would actually quite enjoy caning a mouthy kid.
Quote by BeefWellington
Bring back the cane. A swift whack on the arse will teach these young hooligans some discipline. The amount of authority teachers have is similar to Kensai's country. Not allowed to touch. Yelling, detention and very close monitoring is pretty much all teachers can do.

Seriously, most kids these days are cocky, rude, uneducated heathens. The future of this country is screwed. The shocking thing is, some parents genuinely don't give a flying monkey's nutsack about their kids, either.

This is the main problem. Corporal punishment won't fix kids, as the problem isn't the punishments they're getting, it's the sheer lack of care given my parents. My mum works in a primary school and a child was excluded for throwing rocks and a teacher (they would have been expelled but it was near the end of their time at the school anyway). The parents came in and complained because apparently it's the teachers fault because the teacher scolded the child for hitting one of his classmates.

Society's ****ed up man.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Teachers should be able to show reasonable force against violence, including aggressive restraining. They shouldn't ever use out physical discipline. It could be effective short term, but short term only. It's liable to make them more violent adults and it's liable for them to play up against the own authority. The control teachers had when I was in school wasn't too bad even if it wasn't perfect, but lets not be idiotic and hit them. There's a reason why it's illegal, and not because it's wishy washy liberalism. It's because it's not effective.
Quote by BeefWellington
Bring back the cane. A swift whack on the arse will teach these young hooligans some discipline.

If you want them to respect authority, getting authority to physically attack them is not a good idea. It's been shown across all ages that physical punishment makes them more likely to make them play up. Throwing fuel onto a fire is not a good idea.

People have been saying that for centuries. The difference today is that we have lower crime rates. Society isn't in decline.
I think we need to unleash some nuns in dis bitch.

Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Todd Hart
This is the main problem. Corporal punishment won't fix kids, as the problem isn't the punishments they're getting, it's the sheer lack of care given my parents. My mum works in a primary school and a child was excluded for throwing rocks and a teacher (they would have been expelled but it was near the end of their time at the school anyway). The parents came in and complained because apparently it's the teachers fault because the teacher scolded the child for hitting one of his classmates.

Society's ****ed up man.

SOMEONE has to have the job of saying 'no' sometimes. If it means a teacher stepping in to do this, then let it be.
Do you hate modern society?
Are you afraid of the future?
Do you want to bring square hats, black capes, caning and pedophile preists back into schools?

Read about stories that mean the most to you, and talk with like minded people at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Or if you only clicked on the internet by mistake, and believe it to be an evil series of tubes where youths watch 'happy-slapping' on sites like 'You Tube' then buy the Daily Mail from any good upstanding Great British newsagents staffed by middle aged white people.
Yeah i think teachers should have the power to physically move disruptive students out of the room and of course to defend themselves if they're being attacked by students. Back in my school the i felt sorry for the teachers who had to put up with chavs ****ing up the lesson non stop and they were powerless to do anything about it.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
SOMEONE has to have the job of saying 'no' sometimes. If it means a teacher stepping in to do this, then let it be.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If the parent won't discipline their child and is under the impression that it's schools job to teach their child how to behave then they shouldn't complain when their child is disciplined by a teacher.
Whip them with a cane.

I'm being super cereal.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Teachers should be able to do the following (in steps):

1. If a kid misbehaves, tell them to start behaving immediately.
2. If the kid doesn't respond favorably, threaten them with punishment (so, basically, they get 2 warnings).
3. Either send them to the principal or give them detention.
4. If a kid gets sent to the principal or given detention 3 times (whether it's 3 times with the same teacher or not), they're given in-school suspension.
5. If a kid continues, over the course of a year, to misbehave, they're asked to not return the next year.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Todd Hart
That's exactly what I'm saying. If the parent won't discipline their child and is under the impression that it's schools job to teach their child how to behave then they shouldn't complain when their child is disciplined by a teacher.

If I were a school authority I would give some of these parents a serious talking to about what it actually means to be a parent.

If a parent in the 1950s had complained a teacher had thrown the board rubber at their child for not paying attention, they'd have been told to go away.

School authorities need as much as anything to define the behavior they wish to see in schools, make sure parents know this and then when the parents complain, they can't say that they weren't told.
Back in Scotland I was told the story of a teacher who was sacked because two kids were fighting really violently, blood was flying everywhere, etc. Both kids got a broken nose and they were both in hospital after it. During the fight, when she'd noticed, she grabbed them both and tore them away from each other, taking them to the principals office. The parents complained at the way the kids were handled and she was fired. The kids had nothing done to them.

What bullshit is that? She probably saved one of thoses kids lives.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
lol i had a teacher choke me a while back for jokingly calling him a ******
but he gave me a A+ for the rest of the year after that and i did whatever i wanted so it was all good
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
I am honestly baffled by the amount of "Let teachers hit kids" responses in here.

I'm willing to put all the money in my secret stash on a bet that not a single one of you would think that if a teacher had ever hit you when you were in school.

Yes, there are kids that genuinely need a good smack upside the head, but having a teacher do it won't magically make them behave.

AÆdit:
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
If a parent in the 1950s had complained a teacher had thrown the board rubber at their child for not paying attention, called their child a nigger, they'd have been told to go away.

The 50s were barbaric. Don't even try to use them as an example of when society worked.

Seriously, Fassa. Can you please go troll somewhere else?
Last edited by archangels at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
If I were a school authority I would give some of these parents a serious talking to about what it actually means to be a parent.

If a parent in the 1950s had complained a teacher had thrown the board rubber at their child for not paying attention, they'd have been told to go away.

School authorities need as much as anything to define the behavior they wish to see in schools, make sure parents know this and then when the parents complain, they can't say that they weren't told.

Well my brother started secondary school (11 years old) last year and the school sent a full brief of the expected behaviour, along with how the consequence system worked. It's just a shame a lot of schools don't.

But you are completely right; people who question somebody disciplining their child in their stead for behaviour where punishment in necessary need to consider if they're really a decent parent.
Quote by pag_slash_2
Do you want to bring square hats, black capes, caning and pedophile preists back into schools?

Yeah, and those black robes and mortar boards belonged to a school system that actually educated kids instead of treating them like little gods.

Fact is that the grammar school system worked, loathe as I am to admit it. Children left with an actual worthy education and a chance of a job.
Quote by boreamor
What bullshit is that? She probably saved one of thoses kids lives.

And the teacher was sacked? She should've been fucking promoted!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by archangels
I am honestly baffled by the amount of "Let teachers hit kids" responses in here.

I'm willing to put all the money in my secret stash on a bet that not a single one of you would think that if a teacher had ever hit you when you were in school.

I'm an unruly kid who was not sufficiently beaten by his teacher! I will find your secret stash and steal it!

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Fact is that the grammar school system worked, loathe as I am to admit it. Children left with an actual worthy education and a chance of a job.

Up until fairly recently I went to a Catholic grammar school. Compared to other schools it is damn strict, but there's still a proportion of kids who skip lessons, smoke weed and rob wallets. At one point a few years back they tried to stop anyone from upper years hanging round in groups of more than 5 at any point, because there had been fighting going on all the time. Stuff calmed down on its own, but if the teachers started using violence as well, it couldn't have made it better, just escalated the situation.

At the same time, a teacher should be able to defend themselves just like anyone, but you can't tell kids not to be violent whilst handing out beatings. By the way, about these horror stories of teachers breaking up fights and getting fired - I've seen loads of teachers break up fights, and not a word has been ever said .

I'm just amazed that a forum mainly made up of liberal teenagers are all advocating caning. I suggest that you stop reading the news and the world immediatly seems a lot better.

OP should get a poll up
Last edited by pag_slash_2 at Aug 25, 2010,
One of my friends was hit by a teacher.

To be fair he made a joke whilst we were watching Schindlers list so it was pretty justifiable.
Quote by Todd Hart
Well my brother started secondary school (11 years old) last year and the school sent a full brief of the expected behaviour, along with how the consequence system worked. It's just a shame a lot of schools don't.

But you are completely right; people who question somebody disciplining their child in their stead for behaviour where punishment in necessary need to consider if they're really a decent parent.

Same here: parents of anyone at my old school had to sign a behavior contract which outlined basic behavior expected as well as the usual rules about handing in homework, not being late to class etc. We were also expected to read and sign a copy given to us too.

Too many parents try and act like their kid's best friend and not the parent. The result is what you see now.
Kids get shot.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by archangels

Yes, there are kids that genuinely need a good smack upside the head, but having a teacher do it won't magically make them behave.

AÆdit:

The 50s were barbaric.

Bullshit, the 50s were a lot of things but calling that 'barbaric' is over the top.
Quote by kaptink
One of my friends was hit by a teacher.

To be fair he made a joke whilst we were watching Schindlers list so it was pretty justifiable.

I think if kids were hit for stuff like that, we'd have less kids misbehaving in school.
lol i love how everyone ignores my story about getting choked by a teach
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I think if kids were hit for stuff like that, we'd have less kids misbehaving in school.

It didn't stop him in the slightest which is good because his impression of John Merrick in the same class was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen
Page 1 of 3