I've only recently begin to have this problem but whenever I want to move wround or if I touch the cable connected into my input jack, it will make this loud distorted crazy noise. I would just like to know is this a problem with my cable or input jack? My cable is pretty much brand new and is a Planet Waves cable so I don't think that's the problem. It's very stupid because now I can't really jump around too much or I might touch the cable a bit and it will make that annoying distorted white noise.
try tightening any loose nuts and make sure the input jack is screwed in all the way
The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix
Check the soldering on the input jack, and the soldering on the cable. Might be a wire slightly loose.
Good luck.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
My guitar did this when a cable inside was torn off of one of the pots. I had to re-solder the cable back on for it to finally stop. this probably isn't what's wrong, as I don't know why your wire was ripped (mine was bought used, and apparently the previous owner just duct taped it back together), but still, checking under the control plate is usually a good way to check things out. Depending on your guitar of course.
stay still and agitate just the cable to make sure its really not the cable is all i can say. if not, then im agreeing with Fantum and saying its some internal wiring that needs sorting out.
If you have another guitar, plug the cable in and check if you have the same problem. If you don't, it's the guitar. If you do, it's the cable.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I have a Jackson Warrior WRXT. I am pretty sure it is not the but rather the input jack. I don't know how to solder though.
I should also add that from a standing position, if I push the head of the cable that is connected into the guitar it is fine but if I push it up just slightly it makes the noise.