Hey guys.
Was reading about this pedal in the lastest issue of bass magazine (uk) and its got me thinking.
Is there any alternatives available that would give the same sort of effect?
I think I would benefit from this in the band as there isnt a rhythm guitarist and it would thicken out the sound when the guitarist has his solos.
There isn't really any other pedal that can do what the Unibass can do... Otherwise noone would bother about it as there would already be a suitable pedal on the market.

You could use an octave up pedal (EHX POG or Digitech Whammy for example) and then run that through a distortion pedal if you wanted a similar effect, but if you want a Unibass sound you'll probably have to go buy one
I used to have one,you can pick em up pretty easy in the uk, Think I payed 60 quid for mine,brand new in box...they are very useful in 3 piece bands,I do kinda miss mine
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Im looking for them on ebay and there like £190

Ouch,I did buy mine a few years ago now...shame,ended up trading it for an mxr bass auto Q...just keep looking I guess,ever so often great deals come up,just gotta be patient...Ill let u know if i come accross another
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"