basically im auditioning for a band soon and i need to learn this song, they might be able to get me a tab but said if not whether i could learn it by ear, me being a douche said yes even though i have never learnt a song by ear before in my life,

the song is what life?

http://www.myspace.com/endsoteria

the solo doesnt need to be tabbed as im going to rewrite my own solo to match my style

all help is much appreciated

also the song is in drop c#
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Aug 25, 2010,
i have never used drop c# tuning either, and whys that?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
You never noted that you had never used drop C# tuning in your original post. Why can't you figure this out using your ears and sitting down with your guitar for an hour?

I'm not really sure what you are asking us? To tab the whole song for you?
thats what i am doing aswell, just im sure theres people here who could do a better job of it so i could compare how close i was to their attempt, im pretty sure this forum is called tab talk and i need help with a tab, so i dont see what your problem is, if you think ive posted this and am just sitting here waiting for someone to do the work for me then i assure you your very mistaken

edit

i am sitting here with a guitar trying to do tab out this song for the record
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Aug 25, 2010,
I don't have much of a problem - just wanted to get more of a handle on what you were wanting/doing.

It mainly just sounds like they are riffing off the 6th string a lot of the time ala Metallica's Battery or Megadeth's Peace Sells (but obv much faster). I don't play in drop C# so I'm not really gonna attempt to work it out. If you are having so much trouble just ask the rhythm guitarist (Rob) to show you what's what. I'm sure you could pick it up faster seeing it explained for you.

If you are that good on guitar, I'm sure the band won't mind spending some time in practice with you making sure you getting things right so you fit in properly.
Last edited by Deathsdoor99 at Aug 25, 2010,
yeah man i get what your saying, ive kind of got the first minute nailed, just the old lick or two im still working on, im breaking it up in sections, ive got over a week to do it so i should have it pretty much done, its just the small licks i need help with and the chorus as i cant seem to nail that down
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I've gave you about as much of my wisdom as I can. Keep working at it and hopefully you nail it or someone else can help you more.
thanks man, all help is appreciated
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner