I know this says guitar accessories but I don't see a forum for other instruments...

So this is what I'm looking for...a piano teaching program software and a synth keyboard.

-Piano Teaching software that is highly recommended/user friendly/easy that works with a USB keyboard/synth? Midi keyboard? (i hear Piano Suite Premier is good?)

-I'd like to have a synth that is gig-worthy (i'm in a band) but that can also be used for above piano teaching program?

-And maybe a synth that can do synth and piano sounds as well?

Would i have to get a synth as well as a midi keyboard? or does something with both of them together exist?
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
I have no clue on this type of stuff but I noticed your sig and then noticed your user name.

+1 to old skool 311

PS: I'll see if I can get you some help bro.

mmolteratx, mexican shred or Unsigned Records may have some experience in this area.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 26, 2010,
For a live set up, I'd go for an M Audio Keyrig 49 and a copy of Reason 4 running on a pretty decent laptop. The Keyrig is only about $60, but Reason is around $200-$300, but there's "ways" to get it(seriously, it doesn't even matter if you can't get any of the free stuff you get if you register your copy, the stock patches are amazing, and you can tweak the hell out of it).
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
i have a very cheap behringer usb keyboard, garage band has all types of lessons for all sorts of things. last i checked they still fully support lessons.

i did a quick google, saw this

http://piano-lesson-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

this will give you an idea of some software packages and will let you know what you can expect to spend and what you get for the money
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
hey, saw i could be of some assistance... but my limited knowledge has already been covered

as long as you have a synth with usb/midi capability you should be able to use it for both. the little m-audio keyboards might be enough for you, but they only span 2 or 3 octaves. if your laptop is fairly new/not from 1999, you should be fine as long as it's in good shape.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008