This is the diagram I am using to install my EMg 81 and 85.

If I just don't wire the switch, I can hear the sound normally.

But if I do exactly like the diagram, there's no sound.

Any suggestions ?

I can take photos if needed (crap webcam quality).

EDIT: READ MY LAST POST
Last edited by demerda at Aug 25, 2010,
First, where did this diagram come from? I didn't see it in this set of instructions which worked for me. (Though, I use a Gibson toggle switch)

If there is no sound at all then I think that your problem more likely involves the output from the pickups somewhere along the line versus some problem involving the power source. When you grounded the pickup wires to the volume pot, did you solder the outer braid or the inner braid to the pot? You don't have both in contact with the bottom of the pot, do you? I would check this first, at least.

I think a pic would help everyone, even at 1 MP.

I'm also experiencing EMG issues, but not on a stock configuration.
The inner brad is what I am soldering. And the outer braid isn't in contact with anything.

I tried to take pics, but its hard with a laptop lol. Will try later
The inner brad is what I am soldering. And the outer braid isn't in contact with anything.

I tried to take pics, but its hard with a laptop lol. Will try later

By the way I got neck pickup working.
Then the other (bridge) isn't even connected to the pot. But If I touch the wire that comes from the switch (blue one, in my picture) to the volume pot, then it "mute" all the sound (the neck pickup stops working, and the bridge pickup doesn't start to work).
Also tried to connect that blue wire while having the bridge pickup already connected. Same thing.

And by the way, no offense but the wiring thread wasn't helpful to me last time I was there (almost same problem as this).

edit: actually is any wire that comes from switch... if I touch the Volume pot, "mute" all the sound.
Last edited by demerda at Aug 25, 2010,