So I im looking for a new amp. I have been looking at the orange ad30tc and a 1980 jcm800. I don't care about price on either of these i just want your opinion. I play indie and need a good slight crunch sound. Similar to kings of leon, the cribs, and gaslight anthem. Which amp would better get the job. Also the orange is 30watts and the jcm is 50. I like to play loud as f#$@! but i have heard the orange is loud enough. Thankes
You won't hear a difference between the volumes of a cranked ad30 and 800' so don't worry about that.

The ad30 would probably be better for you for those styles, but maybe to throw another suggestion out there you could consider the Vox AC30.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
You won't hear a difference between the volumes of a cranked ad30 and 800' so don't worry about that.

You mean other than a glaring absence of treble?

I don't think they sound alike at all.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

The AD30 can get pretty trebly
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Quote by bubb_tubbs

I didn't mention tonal difference, just the volume between the two.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by kingbabyduck
The AD30 can get pretty trebly

Not 800 trebly.

Quote by Chrisiphone
I didn't mention tonal difference, just the volume between the two.

In that case, agreed entirely!

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The 800 treble rips your tits off.

E-Married to Funny_Page
^ It really does. I owned one with a Les Paul and until I modded it to sound a bit more like a Plexi it could have nearly icepick treble if you didn't eq it properly.

I loved presence before I owned the 800, ice pick city. That said I love serious treble, so usually I run the treble at 4-5ish and the presence at 8.

E-Married to Funny_Page
^ I usually ran about 6.5 on Treble and 6 on Presence. Worked wonders.

i have an ad30 single channel and love it, but what the others said is false, a cranked ad 30 won't be nearly as loud as a cranked jcm 800. I've played both, and the jcm800 is one loud motherf*cker. My ad30 is pretty far from it volume wise. However, to me, it sounds much much much better =)
orange for your purposes, also i second the vox rec, but i have no support for that other than ive seen lots of recs for it for those styles, havent actually looked it up or anything
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
+1 to the AC30, that's what Brian Fallon plays (Gaslight) and it's more oriented for the light crunch than either of those. That said, both of those amps are great amps, and in any case I shall be very jealous.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Oh really?? I might have to check this out, so how dirty does it get compared to sayy, my Tiny Terror? Sorry for the hijack TS.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.