ok so i have a squier strat that i disassembled when i got my american standard. unfortunatly i painted over it with regular paint with a paint sprayer instead of using guitar paint. would i be alright just sanding as much of it off as possible and getting some guitar paint? and where would i find guitar paint?
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
There is no such thing as guitar paint if you want a good refinish though I recommend krylon spray cans - primer, paint, and clear coat.
it'd probably also attack the finish under it. oven cleaner is not smt to toy with. it is made mainly of Lye (sodium hydroxide), an extremely alkaline substance. it causes all kinds of nastiness.
There isn't a specific guitar paint, so you can really use what you are comfortable with. I usually use car paint, because I do auto body and always have paint to use. if Done correctly, it looks great. If you want to paint over the paint, then just sand the paint that is already on it with 320 grit sandpaper, then shoot back over it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
appreciate it. i couldve sworn i saw guitar paint on warmoth or something...

Quote by gregs1020

actually in all honesty id like to get it down to the natural finish. would over cleaner do the trick?

Quote by gregs1020

Oven cleaner ranks up there with the worst ideas I have ever heard on UG. That stuff will eat your face. Seriously, it will literally eat your face.

Use paint stripper, or just sand it with a random orbital sander.
go to the wiki page for Lye and you'll see what it does to your hand. it's not gory or anything (or else i couldnt mention it here), it just looks like chemical burns.

seriously, dont use oven cleaner.