So I have a Silvertone 1484 and its been acting up. I've noticed that it isnt as loud as it used to be. In addition to that it began to sound extremely overdriven, all the time. I was wondering if it could be the tubes, or the speakers or anything else. What do you guys think?
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
If the tubes have seen a lot of use, it's possible they're ready to be replaced. By "a lot of use", I mean 3 or 4 years of solid use. Even then, chances are it's only the power tubes needing replaced. The preamp tubes are probably still good.
Well yeah my buddy bought it off of ebay about three or four years ago. I dont know when the tubes were changed before that but I know he never changed them since he got it.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
sounds like a tube to me. looks like it uses 12ax7's? i'd try to start replacing those preamp tubes first, then if that doesn't work i'd check the power tubes.

depending on the type of 'overdrive' hear, the amp could need a cap job as well.

i'd recommend taking it to an amp tech you trust.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I guess I have to find a good amp tech cause I dont trust these guys at Guitar Center. Thanks.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby