Page 1 of 2
Search functioned and found nothing.

Source.

Guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski of Poland's greatest extreme-metal export BEHEMOTH has confirmed that he is suffering from life-threatening leukemia (cancer of blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow). The disease, for which Adam is currently receiving treatment at the hematology division of the Gdansk Medical University Hospital, has advanced to the point where he is in urgent need of a bone-marrow transplant.

Thoughts?
RIP Tom Searle.

Glad i got to see him when Behemoth was on Mayhem Fest last summer.
I know his fiancee/wife/girlfriend whatever she is has already donated marrow.
Sucks man, he's an awesome performer and a cool dude. Hope he gets better.
I will talk about tech-death, all the time.
I've only recently gotten into behemoth, and I want to see some new stuff.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
I've only recently gotten into behemoth, and I want to see some new stuff.

I'm in the exact same position

Quote by severed-metal
In the immortal words of Nergal, "This svcks"

But I did lol at this post.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
This is God punishing him for his blasphemy.

You know what this means?

We must declare war on Yaweh.
I do hope the cancer doesn't get the better ov him.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Ov Bone and the Marrow

EDIT: I'm sorry, that was terrible.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by ctfod at Aug 26, 2010,
I'm going to avoid more Behemoth puns and just say how sad this is. Behemoth were one of the first death metal bands I got into, and he was a big influence on me deciding to play that kind of music.
The Apoptosay

Only for extreme nerds, that one...
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Right, as a Christian Metal head. I don't feel it's right that I should avoid this thread.

I've never approved of Behemoths music or any black-metal band, not because I'm a Christian but because I've never got into the extreme genre's. I normally hang around classic/power metal. Anyway.

As much as I disagree with Nergal (for obvious reasons) he's an intelligent guy, great guitarist and he's influenced a lot of people and I know how he feels from being seriously ill a couple of years ago.

The metal world has lost too many blessed musicians lately and IF Nergal doesn't get better (that's a big IF we know he's a survivor) a-lot of people including myself would really miss him.

So from me a huge Get Well Soon Nergal! The metal community eagerly awaits your return!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by --ATREYUROCK--
I'm going to avoid more Behemoth puns and just say how sad this is. Behemoth were one of the first death metal bands I got into, and he was a big influence on me deciding to play that kind of music.

Same
I was hoping to see them perform at bloodstock this year. As a band who have actually influenced my guitar playing and completely changed my view on extreme metal back in the day. I hope he manages to pull through, whether it's likely or not. Lets hope he finds a bone marrow donor, and i know that's hard .
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Very sad news. Hope he pulls through as it would be a shame to loose a musician like him
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Stranglehold
The Apoptosay

Nicely played, sir.

You guys should all sign up to donate bone marrow. It would be totally kvlt and grim to have a spiked metal rod shoved into your hip and have the life blood sucked out. You might save someone too, which may not be your thing, but I promise it is kinda rewarding. Plus I think they give you some decent knock out drugs.
http://www.marrow.org/
Quote by Stranglehold
The Apoptosay

apoptosis?

Also, I hear bone marrow donating is extremely painful.
Quote by technicolour

I think we've watched the same episode of House M.D.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by technicolour
apoptosis?

Guess it depends on your level of pain tolerance. Like I mentioned, I think they usually knock you out or do local anesthesia if you're a donor. I've been on quite a few bone marrow aspirations because we have to make slides of the marrow right after its been pulled. These have been on people who are already sick and they usually handle it pretty well.

Plus, if little kids can handle it, I'm pretty sure you can too my friend.

I personally would love to donate my marrow, but I'm an insulin dependent diabetic so I can't. But I do donate blood.
Having had doctors shove metal rods through the bone of my arm already, i can savely say it hurts like ****.
Ha! YOUR BRITISH LANGUAGE FAILS YOU, ANDY!

IT'S SAFELY. BEAR WITNESS TO MY SUPERIOR SPELLING ABILITIES!

Man, this thread got so serious all ov a sudden..Although, I do feel bad for making these jokes knowing that Grom was awesome.
And we've got another talented artist sick. This world is weird . I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to donate bone marrow if I can. Tommorow there's potential donors registration in shopping mall in my city and I'm going there.
^When reading that, I for some reason imagined a bunch people lying on beds in the middle of the mall, just screaming their lungs out while having needles shoved into them
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
OH NO HE DIDN'T!

He better get healthy real soon, I refuse to see him perish (what's with rock/metal frontmen currently dying off one after another anyway?)
Yeah tbh considering how many hardcore Behemoth fanboys are out there I don't think he'll have trouble getting marrow, but even if he got a perfect match it hardly spells out his safety. Cancer is a devils dance, no matter what good odds there are, rarely have I seen them be in the favour of musicians(remember how Dio was supposed to be fully recovered?). I don't want to be cynical as you never know, but considering of the 10 people I know who have cancer, 5 of them now dead and the other 5 not getting better, I think he may not have too much time, so cherrish what little outputs he may be able to throw out in the enxt while. Sorry to be a downer, but...
Quote by technicolour
apoptosis?

It's actually so painful, you can die of shock.

Which is why they use all types of anesthesia and painkillers.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Senor Kristian
^When reading that, I for some reason imagined a bunch people lying on beds in the middle of the mall, just screaming their lungs out while having needles shoved into them

God is probably tearing pages out of Behemoth's lyric booklets and throwing them into a screaming crowd of his fans right now.

Just kidding, I don't believe in god. Also, it would really suck if he didn't pull through. I'm not as big a fan of Behemoth these days as I used to be, but it always sucks when musicians die.
Man i thought Demigod was the whit when it came out, not as into them anymore but it would suck if he died.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I have a feeling religious nuts would have a ball if he did die.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
The WBC are probably gripping their picket signs tight as we speak.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 2