Hi..

I have a cort EVL K4 and have been playin for a little over a year. Off late, the volume knob on my guitar's gotten a bit shaky and m not sure how to tighten the thing up cuz cant see any screw or anythin to tighten. M afraid if i use too much strength, might just rip it off ma guitar.. now dont want dat to happen... some help pls....

SaURaV
I dont know about angels.. but it's fear that gives men wings.
what happned to mine was i hit it against something and it like unattached it from the body of the guitar so it was just layin there, dont twist it too much or it'll rip the wires off it
isn't there any way to fix this up.. if i cud just tighten it somehow.. kinda really irritating....

SaURaV
Some knobs have a set screw. If yours doesn't, make sure the pot is tightened down all the way. If it is, buy a new knob, they're not that expensive anyway.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Remove the knob and you should see something you can tighten up.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Take the knob of the volume pot shaft, then tighten up the nut while holding the shaft, to prevent movement.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Take the knob of the volume pot shaft, then tighten up the nut while holding the shaft, to prevent movement.

That, and some guitars have a little screw on the knob to tighten it. My jackson does, and it comes loose every once in a while. My les Pauls just pull off.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
well i didn't c any screws on it... so guess it'll hav to be the pull off kind.. but then.. was wondering how much force shud i be applyin to get it out... dont want it to be irreplaceable... Anyone who owns a Cort and has done the same, can u lemme know???

SaURaV
wrap a cloth around it (underneath) and just pull up. It'll pull it right off, and you dont risk scratching anything by prying with a screwdriver.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Ya, you just have to pull it off. On my old cheap Les Paul, after I took the volume knob off a bunch of times, there started to be a powder on the guitar, and the volume knob gradually began to not fit good. It was very loose feeling. So try and be careful when doing it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)