I am playing a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro through an old Music Man Tube Amp, what distortion or fuzz or whatever, pedal should I use to sound like Jimmy Page?
Last edited by dont stop rock at Aug 25, 2010,
flip to your treble, turn your tone down to 0 or 1, turn your amp all the way up
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
That could work but i need room to change from clean do distortion, so i need some pedal, Thanks though, do you have any idea what he used?
I think the setting you're looking for is about this:

Loud. Very ****ing loud. More to the point, Jimmy used/uses Marshall Plexis live, and in the studio he just cranked these little 5w tube amps (a Supro, if I'm remembering correctly).

Something like a Tubescreamer might work.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.