I am trying to sound like Jimmy Page with a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro and an old Music Man Tube Amp. What brand/model tube screamer should I get?
Ibanez, everything tube sceamer out there is just an ibanez copy, and go with the ts808 vintage thatll give you a nice sound
You couldn't have just kept this in your first thread?

Anyway... Tubescreamers are made by Ibanez. There's a number of similar overdrive pedals that would also work fairly well. Fulltone OCD, etc.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you're trying to sound like Jimmy Page, get a Vox Tonebender instead.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've owned a bunch of Boooteek OD's and I'm back to a TS9 and a Bad monkey.....if u wanna spend more$ the maxon 808....
Playing on some new gear....review to follow
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 26, 2010,
Maxon OD808> TS9.

Ibanez tubescreamers are lacking these days... unless you want to go for the 300 dollar handwired one (dont).
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7