Page 1 of 2
Since I love double cuts so much! I wanna see what you duders are using for the br00talz. POST PICTURE!

I'll start!

Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Metal isn't in your hair. Or your gear. It's in your mind.

Please walk up to James Hetfield playing on a Gibson Les Paul and tell him "he's not metal" when he's riffing Master of Puppets or Battery.

No please, go ahead!
I'll match your Angelus with my own

I'm saving up for one of those new Angelus TR's
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by HollishGuy
I'll match your Angelus with my own

I'm saving up for one of those new Angelus TR's

NICE!!,
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by mikeyElite

Now that's fancy

This one is extra Br00tal as its a Baritone...

And nothing is more metal than surf green...

Can I win now?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Haha its not about winning! nevertheless nice wood
http://img828.imageshack.us/f/112hv.jpg/

Its not much but i love it to pieces.

(my embedding doesn't work!)
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Last edited by adj209 at Aug 26, 2010,

My first post! hope it works. 1985 MIJ Squier with Dimarzio pickups and DXMG with Emg's.
And my old school warlock. Scalloped frets, Emg pickup (recently installed, old pic) and sperzel tuners.
All my other metal machinery are V's and a Kelly... no double cutway there
^^^^^ Nice man
Here's my tiger axe
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
2008 ESP Standard Horizon NT II

1989 ESP CS The Junior

2001 Jackson SL2H

Then i have two more non double cuts...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Wow, a lot of people failed on this...

Only the first two guitars in this thread can actually be considered double-cutaways.

Just because a guitar has two cut-aways, that doesn't automatically make it a "doube-cut".

Anything even resembling the standard 'Strat' shape (i.e. many of the guitars posted in this thread), is not a double-cutaway.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Last edited by Sleaze Disease at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by Sleaze Disease

Only the first two guitars in this thread can actually be considered double-cutaways.

Just because a guitar has two cut-aways, that doesn't automatically make it a "doube-cut".

Anything even resembling the standard 'Strat' shape (i.e. many of the guitars posted in this thread), is not a double-cutaway.

Wat. Im sorry but are you retarded?

Double cut away means it has two cutaways. Hence the word double. And the words cut aways.

How else do you describe it?

Edit: Shit that is a nice soloist.
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc

Double cut away means it has two cutaways. Hence the word double. And the words cut aways.

I was wondering the same.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by desperatechris
I use my Paul Reed Smith 2010mod Custom 24 in fire red burst

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now this is a double cut! very nice indeed
Quote by beckyjc

Edit: Shit that is a nice soloist.

hehe, exactly, and thx on the compliment to my soloist.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Sleaze Disease

You ever failed for logic?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Reallllly nice flame.

How do the soloists compare to the dinkys if youve tried one?

I know theyre a neck through and have an OFR. But what makes em worth it over the DK2? Do they feel any different. Most import jacksons ive played all feel relatively similar.
Heres my current double cut:

And soon, I might have this double cut if I remain the highest bidder on it:

Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
Reallllly nice flame.

How do the soloists compare to the dinkys if youve tried one?

I know theyre a neck through and have an OFR. But what makes em worth it over the DK2? Do they feel any different. Most import jacksons ive played all feel relatively similar.

The neck on the soloist is a bit wider. For the rest is exactly the same guitar except for the bolt on/neckthru thing.

EDIT: oh, i thought you ment the DK1. No the DK2 is regarding quality alot less than a USA made Jackson. It has veneer instead of a maple cap, the woods are not class A grade woods, no CTS pots, no MOP inlays, no quartersawn neck, not handmade, lower quality control, and no german OFR. I think that's about it. If you personally don't feel or hear much difference, then you should go for an import for sure. But i think the difference is HUGE.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 26, 2010,
Ahh, i thought the neck on the DK2 was allready really wide.

The DK2 seems better value for money, then, except no matching headstock/neck/sexy green flame.
Quote by beckyjc
Ahh, i thought the neck on the DK2 was allready really wide.

The DK2 seems better value for money, then, except no matching headstock/neck/sexy green flame.

I editted my post, sorry, i thought you were talking about the USA made DK1.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by desperatechris
I use my Paul Reed Smith 2010mod Custom 24 in fire red burst

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok, i think i know what happened here...

you were changing strings and while they were off, you polished the guitar. then you went all OMGWTFBBQcopter and ran for the camera right? couldn't control yourself?

nice 24 chris.

i know a guy that plays brootz on this.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
EDIT : ^ that strat...oh so many nice guitars in this thread

holy crap that green soloist...whos is that?OMG!...

Quote by Sleaze Disease

Last edited by archenemyfan at Aug 26, 2010,
Little less metal oriented, but doublecut nonetheless:

Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
ok, i think i know what happened here...

you were changing strings and while they were off, you polished the guitar. then you went all OMGWTFBBQcopter and ran for the camera right? couldn't control yourself?

nice 24 chris.

Your absolutly right
knew it. happened to me once.

here's some more that i can do br00tz on.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 26, 2010,
I havent tried a soloist personally. Which is why i asked you really.

Im not too bothered about the little details like inlay, place of manufacturing, pots and electronics i can change myself, quality control on the japanese jacksons is pretty consistant, ive played a few of them.

Does the cap actually make a difference to tone? Im not sure what the difference is between maple veneer and "maple" maple.

The other stuff would make a difference tho. Ill have to try find one and see if i can justify it.
Quote by beckyjc
I havent tried a soloist personally. Which is why i asked you really.

Im not too bothered about the little details like inlay, place of manufacturing, pots and electronics i can change myself, quality control on the japanese jacksons is pretty consistant, ive played a few of them.

Does the cap actually make a difference to tone? Im not sure what the difference is between maple veneer and "maple" maple.

The other stuff would make a difference tho. Ill have to try find one and see if i can justify it.

A maple "top" has some thickness as apposed to a "veneer" which can be 1/8".so A maple "top" affects tone where as a "veneer" virtually doesnt
Page 1 of 2