when i turn my mg100dfx marshall up only even to about 4 o clock i get i buzzing when nothing is being played, is it a pedal i am running through, or is it just something that marshalls do?
wellll, what pedals are you running through it?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
behringer auto wah, behringer hellbabe wah and a pearl distortion
if you got a lot of things plugged into the same plug board it can cause buzzing sometimes and occassionally general household appliances can cause some buzz
I used to get this all the time when I had that amp. I'm not entirely sure but I think it's most likely that the transistors are having to work harder than normal. Generally speaking Solid-State amps like the MG aren't designed to be cranked, they are more for practice volumes.

As the old saying goes, the louder you turn a solid state amp up, the worse it'll sound. The louder you turn a tube amp up, the better it'll sound.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Try it with no pedals. Then try each pedal by itself. Still not doing it? Try the different combinations.
Do some fault finding, man.

Why do I feel like I'm explaining how to suck eggs?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Try it with no pedals. Then try each pedal by itself. Still not doing it? Try the different combinations.
Do some fault finding, man.

Exactly. Be logical about things.

Plug your guitar directly into the amp without pedals etc. Still buzzing? Use a different cable. Still buzzing? Use a different guitar....etc etc