Hey guys. I just finished up recording a new song I've been working on. This is just all the raw wav's. I should have the mixed version up either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes. Any and all comments welcome; I will always C4C! Enjoy!

Happy Endings:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Odirunn/music/all/play887386

Hey again. Finished up mixing this morning. The jury is still out on the snare, but it'll do for now. Check it out.

Mixed version:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Odirunn/music/all/play887853
Last edited by Odirunn at Aug 27, 2010,
Very nice guitar playing man, it's a really nice hardcore song. I love it but you gotta put vocals to it, that would sound so cool. There are 2 things I thought could be improved though, the lead line at 0:45 and the tom beat thing that starts around 1:27 or so, that should be given a bigger sound, in my opinion. It should sound ****ing awesome when its mixed Good job bro. Keep it up!

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354298
I gotta say, I'm loving the sound of Happy Endings. Not my thing but it's really, really good. I like it and it's rare I like hardcore stuff. Kinda reminds me of Underoath for some odd reason.

The guitars sound crisp and clear, what's the effect going on in the background? is it a phaser?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I gotta say, I'm loving the sound of Happy Endings. Not my thing but it's really, really good. I like it and it's rare I like hardcore stuff. Kinda reminds me of Underoath for some odd reason.

The guitars sound crisp and clear, what's the effect going on in the background? is it a phaser?

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
Yessir, there's a phaser on the octaves track during the choruses.
Seriously, I could listen to that all day and I'm going too.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The whole song has a great feel to it dude, i really like it and to be honest it has better "mixing" than other stuff her on UG, even though its ur un mixed version :P: i also like the phaser effect with the lead lines throughout the song, it gives it a nice feel. On a side note the drums drop out too fast at the end, so maybe 3 quick hits on the snare while the guitars mute out would sound nice...btw i just finished listening to the mixed version of your song and its a rlly good mix, except it could use a slight prescence boost for more edge and punch..other than that this is great stuff u got here man, keep up the good work!

btw thanks for your comment
Hey, thanks for the kind words. I like your song, tho it´s not one of my genres. You did a great job at the mixing, very professional. If you would like to collab for some heavy-guitar filled Drum and Bass, then let me know! great song!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Sounds great man! If you made this into a legit song it would be sweet, unless you just wanna keep it an instrumental. Whats your recording setup?
Quote by Rockapparatus
Sounds great man! If you made this into a legit song it would be sweet, unless you just wanna keep it an instrumental. Whats your recording setup?

I'm slowly working on vocals... not going so great, I might need to recruit someone to do them haha. My setup is just a pod studio gx into acoustica mixcraft 5.
Let's party.
Seems like the guitar is just a tad outta tune there in the intro or was that an over bend? hehe. Great song again, you've got some craftsmanship there. Levels sound a little more rounded out on this one, still not really hearing the bass tho (i got a bose system *no sub* on this pc) Honestly, in my opinion, it sounds like you're really really close to breaking through to something HUGE sounding, keep at it man.
Quote by Jherman
Seems like the guitar is just a tad outta tune there in the intro or was that an over bend? hehe. Great song again, you've got some craftsmanship there. Levels sound a little more rounded out on this one, still not really hearing the bass tho (i got a bose system *no sub* on this pc) Honestly, in my opinion, it sounds like you're really really close to breaking through to something HUGE sounding, keep at it man.

I appreciate the input, dude. And you're right in that the bass is lacking, there's no bass guitar on either of my recordings. And ya, the slide right before the verse kicks in is a bit out, my guitar is a tad warped and it's pretty apparent on held notes.
Let's party.