Hi guys, I have an old Selmer 50 watt all valve head. I think it is early 70s and in good condition, though it probably needs servicing. Has anyone heard much about these amps? I am thinking of putting it up on eBay to get some cash since it hasn't been used in years. How much approx do these things go for nowadays? I wouldn't really bother if i'd only get £30 since the thing has a beautiful thick tone but I do need the money for the next month. Hmm dilema...
Would you accept £30 for it?

If you look around on eBay, you can find them going for varying prices. It really depends, I'm not sure if there are different models that are worth different amounts, but I've seen a few around.
Man, keep it. A nice platform to make into just about anything. Just a fresh set of tubes and maybe filter caps and you might have something you'll never want to part with. And a few small mods ............ An honest old amp really. No idea what you'd get for it but how could you not be tempted to try it with fresh valves?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I already have a Laney all valve amp which is perfect for my needs and the biggest reason is that I have no cabs or anything anymore so it just sits gathering dust. If I had the money i'd love to do it up but i'm at uni and spending money on amp/audio equipment isn't gonna happen. I'm not a big gearhead either and prefer to keep things simple.

One problem, since I have no cabs I cannot test it before selling it. The lights/valves still glow - is that a sign that things are working? I haven't used it for over 3 years and I'd hate to sell it and get screwed for flogging broken gear.
Quote by radio_schizo
One problem, since I have no cabs I cannot test it before selling it. The lights/valves still glow - is that a sign that things are working? I haven't used it for over 3 years and I'd hate to sell it and get screwed for flogging broken gear.

It's a good sign, but I was always told it wasn't a good idea to turn an amp on without a speaker connected. Dunno how true that is.
Don't even turn it on without a cab connected. Can't you rig a connection to the speakers in your Laney combo?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification