Hi, so i was thinking of getting either a Ibanez RG370dx or a S570 i play mainly rock and metal so i was just wondering which would be better and why. Thanks
S570. If you're getting a new one the S will be 24 frets (which used to be one of the main drawbacks of the S series) and has the ZR trem, which is a lot better than the Edge 3 in the RG370. Its also got a mahogany body rather than basswood, but that really comes down to personal preference.
The S series has better tremolo system than the RG.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Thanks. What Amp would you suggest to get as my current marshall Mg15CDR doesent have very good distortion or could that be sorted through a pedal?
Quote by littlephil
S570. If you're getting a new one the S will be 24 frets (which used to be one of the main drawbacks of the S series) and has the ZR trem, which is a lot better than the Edge 3 in the RG370. Its also got a mahogany body rather than basswood, but that really comes down to personal preference.

+1

how much do you have for an amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibby S and a peavey vyper for metal or a vox vt for lower gain stuff. However since you already have a mediocre practice amp i'd suggest saving up for a better amp upgrade.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

+999 To everything said in this thread so far.

In the low and middle range guitars the S series are superior to the RG's in most respects. Its only when you go into the MIJ Ibanez's that it really balances out.

Definately an S series in your instance but I would still try both out incase you prefer the feel of the RG.

As far as amps go, I would save a little more if you can and try to get yourself a little tube amp to practice with. You will hear a world of difference. £90 more and you could get yourself a blackstar HT-5
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by ibanezgod1973
+1 the S series and a ht5

agreed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i haven't tried the ht5 but i'm guessing it's worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ibanezgod1973
+1 the S series and a ht5

I'm testimony to this statement.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack